Affiliate Disclosure: Every purchase made through our affiliate links earns us a pro-rated commission without any additional cost to you. We may earn an affiliate commission if you order any product. Here are more details about our affiliate disclosure.
Easy Homemade Ginger Wine Recipe
Ginger wine has been around for centuries and is known for its unique flavor and many health benefits.
It contains several key nutrients, including gingerols and shogaols, which are powerful antioxidants that can fight inflammation and reduce oxidative stress in the body.
Studies have shown that these compounds may help lower blood pressure, improve cholesterol levels, prevent Alzheimer’s disease, and reduce the risk of certain cancers.
Ginger wine was the first ever wine recipe which I tried. This is an instant version which can be made in 5 days.
Non-alcoholic ginger wine can be tried by beginners to get their wine-making skills developed.
If you ferment the wine longer, it will get more strong. Two months of fermentation of the wine will improve the alcohol content. You can also create your own ginger wine cocktails.
How To Make Easy Ginger Wine Recipe
As you can see, this is a basic and easy recipe. It is possible to make the wine in a shorter time frame, such as 3 to 5 days. We let it ferment longer to give it an extra kick.
Ingredients For Ginger Wine
- 8 bottles water
- 1kg sugar
- 300g ginger crushed
- 6 cloves
- 4 badi moti elaichi
- 4 dry red chilly (whole)
- 4 dalchini rolls
- 1 tsp Dry Yeast
- 1 small pkt citric acid or 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 med glass borosil RUM/Brandy
- 1 gallon carboy/2 gallons carboy
- Mix water, sugar, ginger, cloves, moti elaichi, chilly red whole, dalchini rolls in a container and boil.
- Keep boiling till the water contents remain worth 6 bottles.
- After the reduced level has been reached st aside to cool for a day. Make sure it is kept in a place where it will not be disturbed
- Strain it the next day (Do Not throw away the ginger solids. Read the notes below to see their usage).
- Add citric acid and pour it into the fermentation vessel.
- Dissolve a small amount of yeast, about ¼ packet, in about ¼ cup of water. Rehydrating the yeast in water (not juice) prevents them from being shocked when they awaken.
- Add activated yeast to the strained liquid in the fermentation vessel.
- Let the mixture sit for roughly 10 minutes until the yeast is dissolved and it begins to foam (slightly).
- Check the fill level at this point. To fill the fermentation jug to the neck, add some extra juice to the jug when it’s mostly full.
- To bubble, wine needs headspace, but the narrower the air contact area at the top of the carboy, the better. In order to achieve this, fill the jug to the base of the carboy’s neck. (you will need 2 one gallon carboy)
- The air surface area should be minimized while leaving 2-3 inches of headspace. Water locks should be used to secure the carboy.
- Fermentation should begin within 24 to 48 hours.
- Allow the mixture to ferment in “primary stage” for approximately 7-10 days. (At this point, fermentation should be very active, and you should watch it closely to prevent bubbles from entering the water lock. If that happens, simply clean the water lock, refill it with fresh water, and reattach it.)
- After primary fermentation is complete, rack up the wine over into a clean fermentation vessel, leaving the unwanted sediments behind. Ginger wine’s clarity and flavor rely on this step.
- Your choice of yeast and the temperature will determine the duration of primary fermentation.
- Keep it in the primary if it’s bubbling actively. It’s time for secondary fermentation once everything settles down.
- As soon as the active fermentation stage is complete, move the wine to a clean container to avoid sediment buildup.
- For the secondary stage, reapply the water lock and place the ginger wine in a cool, dark place.
- In contrast to the primary fermentation stage, the secondary fermentation phase requires much less attention. You likely won’t see it bubble much, as the yeast is working much more slowly.
- Time in secondary is based on your patience.
- More time (to a point) will yield a better wine, with a mellow flavor complex flavor profile. Young wines can sometimes be harsh.
- I’d recommend allowing the ginger wine to spend at least 6 weeks in secondary or as much as 6 months.
- After secondary fermentation, bottle the wine in corked wine bottles (preferred), capped beer bottles (less optimal) or flip-top Grolsch bottles (a good middle ground, and convenient).
- Add Rum/Brandy to kill further fermentation and leave it to mature for up to 3-4 months, and if you have patience, then 6 months.
- Wine bottles allow the brew to “breathe” and are the best option if you’ll be storing the wine in the bottle for more than 1 year.
- Allow the ginger wine to bottle-condition for at least a month, but preferably longer, before drinking.
- Your ginger wine is ready for use.
Health Benefits: Why And How To Drink Ginger Wine
Ginger has also been linked to improving digestion. It contains digestive enzymes that help break down food for better absorption.
It can be used as a soothing remedy for nausea, vomiting, and morning sickness. Drinking ginger wine in moderation may be beneficial when it comes to relieving digestive issues.
Ginger wine is also known to help boost the immune system. It contains compounds that can protect against bacterial and viral infections, as well as stimulate the body’s natural defence mechanisms.
This can help reduce the severity of colds and other illnesses. Besides its health benefits, ginger wine is also a great source of vitamins and minerals.
It is rich in vitamin C, which can help fight free radicals and protect against diseases. It also contains iron, magnesium, zinc, as well as other nutrients that are beneficial to your health.
Overall, ginger wine is a delicious way to get the benefits of ginger without all the calories from sugar or alcohol.
It is an excellent choice for those looking to improve their health and taste buds! Enjoy a glass of ginger wine in moderation for optimum health benefits.
- Ginger is used to relieving digestive problems such as nausea
- Loss of appetite
- Motion sickness and pain.
- It can reduce inflammation
- Help cure cough and cold
- Boost immunity
To make ginger wine, while adding water, mark the level when you reach 6 bottles of water. So that when reducing the level while it boils, you know precisely where to stop.
The ginger solids can be kept in the fridge and used in little parts while making tea. All the ingredients present in it will help relieve you from cough and cold.
You Might Like To Read Other Related Recipes
- Is A Glass Of Wine A Day Actually Healthy?
- Easy Homemade Apple Wine Recipe – 2 Variations
- Easy Homemade Jamun Wine Recipe
You Might Like To Read Other COCKTAIL AND MOCKTAIL Recipes
- Easy Homemade Apple Wine Recipe – 2 Variations
- The Queen’s Cocktail Recipe | How to Make Queen Elizabeth’s Favorite Cocktail
- 10 Best Mocktail Recipes To Beat The Summer Heat
- Rose Cardamom Syrup And 7 Easy Ways To Use It
- Homemade Baileys Irish Cream Recipe Copycat Version
- Difference Between Olive Brine and Olive Juice
- The Authentic Mojito Cocktail Recipe With Rum | Mojito Cocktail Recipe Vodka | Mojito Cocktail Recipe
- How Do You Make A Classic Margarita Cocktail Recipe
- Top 10 Classic Cocktails Recipes And Simple Syrup Recipe
- 7 Best Cocktail Maker Machine For Homemade Cocktails | Best Home Frozen Drink Maker
- Jamaican Breeze Classic Cocktails Recipe
- The Piña Colada Classic Cocktails Recipe
- Dirty Martini Classic Cocktails Recipes
- Simple Syrup Recipe For Classic Cocktails Recipes
- How To Make Whiskey Sour Classic Cocktails Recipe
- Bourbon Old Fashioned Classic Cocktails Recipe
- Best Long Island Iced Tea Classic Cocktails Recipe
- Bloody Mary Recipe | Bloody Mary Cocktail Recipe | Classic Bloody Mary Cocktail
- Kamikaze Classic Cocktails Recipe
7 Pcs Decanter and Glasses Set
Product Name: NEVINE NEVINE Clear 7 Pcs Decanter and Glasses Set
Product Description: NEVINE NEVINE Clear 7 Pcs Decanter and Glasses Set- Stylish 1 Decanter and 6 Pcs Glass Set - Perfect for Whiskey, Scotch, Wine, Vodka, Tequila, Rum etc
Brand: NEVINE Store
Offer price: 2,499