Affiliate Disclosure: Every purchase made through our affiliate links earns us a pro-rated commission without any additional cost to you. We may earn an affiliate commission if you order any product. Here are more details about our affiliate disclosure.
The Queen’s Cocktail Recipe | Queen Elizabeth’s Favorite Cocktail
Queen Elizabeth II died on 8 September 2022, at the age of 96. The world mourned the loss of one of the monarchy’s most iconic figures, marking the end of an era.
As the nation and Commonwealth begin to adjust to life without the Queen, we take a look back at one thing she enjoyed when she would be at a party.
According to Food & Wine magazine, Queen Elizabeth II enjoyed a gin & Dubonnet cocktail (which was also a favorite of her mother as well).
As the story goes, when the young princess was still living at home with her parents, she would enjoy a daily gin & Dubonnet (a French aperitif made with red wine and herbs) before lunch.
While we can’t be certain if this is truly the Queen’s favorite cocktail, we can confirm that it’s a delicious and easy-to-make drink that’s perfect for any occasion.
It’s a simple recipe with three ingredients: Dubonnet (a French aperitif), gin (the Queen, rather patriotically, prefers Gordon’s London dry gin), and a lemon slice.
How to Make Queen Elizabeth’s Favorite Cocktail Recipe
Prep: 5 mins
Total: 5 mins
Yield: 1 cocktailAuthor: Ranjeeta Nath Ghai
The Specific Ingredients Are:
- 1 oz gin
- 2 oz Dubonnet
- Half lemon wheel, as a garnish
- In a shaker combine gin and Dubonnet.
- Shake well and pour one part gin and two parts Dubonnet into a small wine glass.
- Add the half lemon wheel, and top with two ice cubes, sinking the lemon.
➤ Want To Try Out More Classic Cocktail Recipes?
- Kamikaze Classic Cocktails Recipe
- Dirty Martini Classic Cocktails Recipes
- Whiskey Sour Classic Cocktails Recipe
- Difference Between Cocktail and Mocktail
- The Piña Colada Classic Cocktails Recipe
- Jamaican Breeze Classic Cocktails Recipe
- Long Island Iced Tea Classic Cocktails Recipe
- Bourbon Old Fashioned Classic Cocktails Recipe
- Bloody Mary Recipe| Bloody Mary Cocktail Recipe
- Simple Syrup Recipe For Classic Cocktails Recipes
- Top 10 Classic Cocktails Recipes And Simple Syrup Recipe
- Difference Between Olive Brine and Olive Juice | Create Your Own Olive Brine
- The Authentic Mojito Recipe | Mojito Cocktail Recipe Vodka | Mojito Cocktail Recipe
Recipe Name: The Queen's Cocktail | How to Make Queen Elizabeth's Favorite Cocktail
Author: Ranjeeta Nath Ghai
Description: According to Food & Wine magazine, Queen Elizabeth II enjoyed a gin & Dubonnet cocktail (which was also a favorite of her mother as well).
Preperation time: 5M
Cook Time: -
Total Time: 5M
Recipe Yield: 1 serving
Recipe Ingredients: 1 oz gin, 2 oz Dubonnet , Half lemon wheel, as a garnish
Recipe Instructions: In a shaker combine gin and Dubonnet. Shake well and pour one part gin and two parts Dubonnet into a small wine glass. Add the half lemon wheel, and top with two ice cubes, sinking the lemon. Cheers!
Recipe Cuisine: Global
Video thumbnail URL:
User Review( votes)