Affiliate Disclosure: Every purchase made through our affiliate links earns us a pro-rated commission without any additional cost to you. We may earn an affiliate commission if you order any product. Here are more details about our affiliate disclosure.
The Authentic Mojito Cocktail Recipe With Rum | Mojito Cocktail Recipe Vodka | Mojito Cocktail Recipe
Mojito, pronounced moʊˈhiːtoʊ, is a traditional Cuban cocktail. The cocktail oftentimes consists of five ingredients: white rum, sugar (traditionally sugar cane juice), lime juice, soda water, and mint. You can also use Vodka instead of Rum.
The Authentic Mojito Cocktail Recipe With Rum | Mojito Cocktail Recipe Vodka | Mojito Cocktail Recipe is an authentic recipe for mojito. I sized the ingredients for one serving, but you can modify it accordingly and make a pitcher full.
Eventually, rum substituted aguardiente, and the name was rechristened to Mojito. It’s unclear precisely when this transpired, but the Mojito first emerged in cocktail literature in the 1932 edition of “Sloppy Joe’s Bar Cocktail Manual, a volume from the popular Havana institution.
Suitably, almost all of the ingredients in the Mojito are inherent to Cuba. Rum, mint, lime, and sugar (the island country produces sugar cane) are combined together and then proceeded with thirst-quenching club soda to produce a delicious, light-hearted cocktail.
The drink is traditionally created with unaged white rum, which produces a light, crisp flavor. Using Cuban rum will procure you points for authenticity.
However, many contemporary Cuban rums are more moderate in style than their predecessors, so you might experiment with white rums until you obtain one you like best.
The Mojito is somewhat more labor-intensive than other cocktails as it involves muddling/pounding the mint, but the result is meriting the effort.
The mint blends with the other ingredients for an extra shot of refreshment that, while oftentimes associated with the heat of summer, can be savored any time of the year
If you fancy your cocktails with a dash of bookish history, you’re in luck. The Mojito is supposed to have been a favorite of Ernest Hemingway, who, according to historical lore, partook of them frequently at the Havana bar La Bodeguita del Medio.
It’s a very invigorating drink for hot summer days. Be careful when drinking it, nevertheless.
If you create a pitcher, you might feel devilish and be tempted to drink the whole thing yourself, and you might find yourself chatting Spanish in no time!
Soda water can be substituted by Tonic water, but the taste would be different and somewhat bitter.
Its blend of citrus, sweetness, and herbaceous mint flavors is meant to complement the rum and has made the mojito a favorite summer drink.
When fixing a mojito, fresh lime juice is appended to sugar (or to simple syrup) and mint leaves.
The blend is then gently pounded with a muddler. The mint leaves should only be pounded to release the inherent oils and should not be shredded.
Then rum is appended, and the mixture is gently stirred to dissolve the sugar and raise the mint leaves from the base for better presentation.
Finally, the drink is covered with crushed ice and sparkling soda water. Lime wedges and mint leaves are utilized to garnish the glass.
The mojito is one of the most popular rum-based cocktails. There are many versions of the mojito.
Prep: 10 mins
Total: 10 mins
Yield: 1 cocktail
Author: Ranjeeta Nath Ghai
Ingredients For Authentic Mojito Cocktail Recipe Rum
- 3-4 mint leaves
- ½ ounce sugar syrup/Fruit Mocktail Syrup Green Mint
- 2 ounces white rum
- ¾ ounces lime juice, freshly squeezed
- Mint sprig (garnish)
- Lime wheel (garnish)
Steps For Making Authentic Mojito Cocktail Recipe Rum
- In a shaker, muddle the mint with the sugar syrup.
- Add the rum, lime juice, ice and give it a good shake.
- Strain into a highball glass over some fresh ice.
- Top it up with the soda.
- Use mint sprig and the lime wheel for garnish.
Mojito Cocktail Recipe Vodka
Prep: 3 min
Total: 3 min
Yield: 4 servings
- 1½ cups Mint Simple Syrup
- 1 cup chilled vodka,
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (2-3 large limes)
- 1 cup club soda, chilled
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
Directions For Authentic Mojito Cocktail Recipe Vodka
- In a glass pitcher, blend the vodka, lime juice, mint simple syrup, and club soda.
- Empty into ice-filled glasses and garnish with mint sprigs.
Mint Simple Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 packed cup fresh mint leaves
Mint Simple Syrup (method):
Yield: 1½ cups
- In a saucepan, append the sugar, water, and mint leaves over medium heat.
- When it starts boiling lessen the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, occasionally stirring, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove the pan from the fire.
- Allow the syrup to cool on shelf for about 20 minutes.
- Strain the syrup before using. Press on the mint leaves to extort as much syrup as possible.
➤ Want To Try Out More Classic Cocktail Recipes?
- Kamikaze Classic Cocktails Recipe
- Dirty Martini Classic Cocktails Recipes
- Whiskey Sour Classic Cocktails Recipe
- Difference Between Cocktail and Mocktail
- The Piña Colada Classic Cocktails Recipe
- Jamaican Breeze Classic Cocktails Recipe
- Long Island Iced Tea Classic Cocktails Recipe
- Bourbon Old Fashioned Classic Cocktails Recipe
- Bloody Mary Recipe| Bloody Mary Cocktail Recipe
- Simple Syrup Recipe For Classic Cocktails Recipes
- How Do You Make A Classic Margarita Cocktail Recipe
- Top 10 Classic Cocktails Recipes And Simple Syrup Recipe
- Difference Between Olive Brine and Olive Juice | Create Your Own Olive Brine
- Best Cocktail Maker Machine For Homemade Cocktails | Best Home Frozen Drink Maker
Mojito Glass & Muddler Set
Product Name: Final Touch Mojito Glass & Muddler Set
Product Description: Final Touch Mojito Set includes 2 Mojito Glasses and a wooden muddler and proffers to be a terrific gift. Slim-high ball glasses with a thick base make this the perfect glass for your home bar.
Brand: Final Touch
Offer price: 20.21
Offer URL: https://amzn.to/3dC2dPx
User Review( votes)