Affiliate Disclosure: Every purchase made through our affiliate links earns us a pro-rated commission without any additional cost to you. We may earn an affiliate commission if you order any product. Here are more details about our affiliate disclosure.
Best Jal Jeera Recipe | Jal Jira Or Jaljeera Recipe | Jal Jeera Drink Recipe
Jal jeera recipe is a healthy and refreshing drink straight from ayurvedic labs. Jal Jira Or Jaljeera Recipe is made with cumin, black pepper and other spices.
It is a good detox drink and helps in aiding digestion. Jal Jeera Drink Recipe is perfect for summers to keep you hydrated.
This magical drink not only helps with your digestion problems but also improves your appetite.
In Hindi, jal denotes water, and jeera or jira denotes cumin, and a concoction of these with other spices and herbs renders this as a healthy and refreshing drink.
I even sometimes try drinking it with carbonated or soda water. But today I am sharing the authentic traditional jal jeera recipe with plain water and some ice cubes.
I am a big fan of this drink. Especially after a heavy late-night dinner, this drink recipe is a must in our house.
Jal jira’s medicinal benefits are exceptional, as described earlier. Cumin seeds help a lot in digestion and help a sluggish digestive system. In addition, it has a high content of fiber and hence improves the gastrointestinal area.
Also, the mint leaves in this drink help to cleanse the palate and soothe the stomach in case of indigestion.
If you have a heavy lunch or dinner and have some digestion problems, this would be your lifesaver.
This is a popular summer drink in North India and Pakistan and is generally an appetizer before meals.
It is additionally served as a refreshing drink after meals. I have many memories associated with this drink from my childhood.
Whenever we went to my grandmother’s house in the summer, this was what she made for us. She would make a large batch of it and keep in the fridge.
Then, whenever we were thirsty, we would pour ourselves a glass of this magical drink. It was refreshing and cooling, and we would always go back for more.
So if you are looking for a summer drink recipe that is healthy and refreshing, do give this jal jeera recipe a try. You won’t be disappointed.
How To Make Best Jal Jeera Recipe| Jal Jeera Drink Recipe
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 10 mins
Servings: 2 servings
Author: Ranjeeta Nath Ghai
- fistful mint/pudina leaves
- fistful coriander leaves
- ½ inch ginger (grated)
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp amchur powder
- black salt to taste
- 2½ glass water
- ½ lemon
- ½ tsp pepper (crushed)
- few ice cubes
- Roast the cumin seeds until they start to turn slightly black.
- Let cool, then grind into a fine powder and set aside.
- In a small blender take a fistful of mint and coriander leaves and make a smooth paste adding the required water. Keep aside when ready.
- Grate the ginger and keep it aside.
- Now in a large jug, add a few ice cubes, grated ginger, and coriander + mint puree to it.
- Add roasted cumin powder, some amchur powder, and black salt. (You can also replace with salt with black salt.)
- Add 2 glasses of water and squeeze some lemon juice into it and add crushed black pepper powder.
- Give it a good shake and check for seasoning.
- Transfer to serving glass or jar and drop few ice cubes just before you serve.
- You can also add boondi as a topping to this drink.
- Instead of adding water, you can replace it with carbonated water or soda water.
- Optionally you can add some sugar if you like some sweet taste to your drink.
You May Like to Try Other Thirst Quenchers Recipes
- 10 Best Desi Drinks For Summer | Best Summer Thirst Quenchers
- Kacche Aam Ka Panna Recipe | Aam Panna Recipe | Kairi Panha Recipe | Mango Panna Drink
- Shikanji Recipe | How To Make Shikanji Recipe | Shikanjvi Recipe
- Chaanch/Mattha: The Indian Yogurt Drink
- Best Punjabi Sweet Lassi Recipe | Punjabi Lassi 4 Ways – Dry Fruit Lassi, Rose Lassi, Chocolate Lassi
- Best Thandai Recipe | Thandai Masala Paste Recipe | 3 Ways Thandai Mix Recipe
- How To Make Green Tea Mint Lemonade Recipe
- Best Strawberry Lassi: Immune Boosting Drink
- Rose Cardamom Syrup And 7 Easy Ways To Use It
- Tropical Fruit Ginger Juice Summer Thirst Quencher
- Top 10 Classic Cocktails Recipes And Simple Syrup Recipe
Free Meal Planner And Recipe Organizer
Free Meal Planner Developed by Our Experts Which Will Help You Track Your Calories And Plan Your Meals
Recipe Name: Best Jal Jeera Recipe | Jal Jira Or Jaljeera Recipe | Jal Jeera Drink Recipe
Author: Ranjeeta Nath Ghai
Description: Jal Jira Or Jaljeera Recipe is made with cumin, black pepper and other spices. It is a good detox drink and helps in aiding digestion.
Preperation time: 5M
Cook Time: 5M
Total Time: 10M
Recipe Yield: 2 servings
Recipe Ingredients: fistful mint/pudina leaves, fistful coriander leaves, ½ inch ginger (grated), 2 tsp cumin seeds, ½ tsp amchur powder, black salt to taste, 2½ glass water, ½ lemon, ½ tsp pepper (crushed), few ice cubes
Recipe Instructions: Roast the cumin seeds until they start to turn slightly black. Let cool, then grind into a fine powder and set aside. In a small blender take a fistful of mint and coriander leaves and make a smooth paste adding the required water. Keep aside when ready. Grate the ginger and keep it aside. Now in a large jug, add a few ice cubes, grated ginger, and coriander + mint puree to it. Add roasted cumin powder, some amchur powder, and black salt. (You can also replace with salt with black salt.) Add 2 glasses of water and squeeze some lemon juice into it and add crushed black pepper powder. Give it a good shake and check for seasoning. Transfer to serving glass or jar and drop few ice cubes just before you serve.
Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Video thumbnail URL:
Ease of Cooking
Availability Of Ingredients