Homemade Baileys Irish Cream Recipe Copycat Version
Create a copycat version of Baileys with this quick recipe and easy instructions. Rich and creamy, this Irish cream is an alternative to the store-bought stuff, with cream, whiskey, vanilla, chocolate, and coffee.
Have you ever wanted to enjoy or serve Baileys Irish Cream but couldn’t buy it due to lockdown or unavailability in the market.
And did you ever desire that you could make yourself some just to curb your sinful drinking desires?
Well, your dream is as good as true now. We, at FoodallTime have got it for you and guess the best part of it all… You won’t believe how easy it is!!
It’s less expensive than buying a bottle from the store, and it tastes amazing! With the right blender and a few ingredients you likely already have, you can make this.
Enjoy this Irish cream liqueur by itself, in your coffee, on the rocks, with ice cream, in baked goods (cakes, muffins, cupcakes, pies, brownies, etc.), or as a gift for special occasions and holidays.
Baileys Irish Cream Ingredients & Substitution Suggestions
Here’s what you’ll require to execute this recipe:
Whiskey – Since I did not have any other brand on hand I used Black Label. You can use Jameson Irish whiskey, or feel free to use your preferred brand. A number of my readers used various other liquors and loved them. Check the “Tips And Suggestions” down below for some ideas.
Heavy cream – or 50-50. You require just heavy cream, or half a cup of whole milk and half a cup of heavy (fresh) whipping cream will work as well. Don’t use only milk, or your Irish cream liqueur won’t be rich enough.
Sweetened condensed milk– any brand of your choice. I used Nestle’s Milkmaid.
Chocolate syrup (I used Hershey’s).
Pure vanilla extract – You can additionally employ almond, peppermint, or orange extracts, in lieu of vanilla extract. What about some cinnamon or pumpkin spices? 🙂
Instant coffee granules – to boost up the coffee flavor, choose an instant espresso. I used Nescafe.
How To Make Baileys At Home
In your blender, you can prepare this homemade Baileys Irish cream recipe in under a minute.
In a blender, blend the cream or half-and-half, sweetened condensed milk, instant coffee, dark chocolate syrup, vanilla, and stir for 30 seconds until well blended. Blend then add the Irish whiskey for a few more seconds. Done!
Tip- When you use powerful blenders to whip cream, they can cause the cream to curdle. Use a low-speed blender when mixing to avoid this. The liquid can be directly strained through a sieve if your mixture appears curdled, then scrape off the top with a spoon if the liquid appears curdled.
The proportions of the ingredients can be tweaked to suit your tastes.
Do you want more chocolate or less ? Do you want it stronger? Go for it.
Do you want to add more whiskey?
Not a supporter of coffee? Substitute it with raspberry liqueur or salted caramel. It’s solely up to you.
Homemade Baileys Irish Cream Recipe Copycat Version
Prep Time: 1 Min
Total Time: 1 Min
Servings: 1 Litre (4 Cups)
Author: Ranjeeta Nath Ghai
Prepare a copycat version of Baileys with this super quick recipe and easy instructions.
- 1 cup (250 ml) heavy cream or 50 – 50
- A can (400 ml) of sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tbsp chocolate syrup
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (see recipe variations)
- 1 2/3 cup (400 ml) Irish whiskey I used Black Dog
- Combine the cream, sweetened condensed milk, instant coffee granules, chocolate syrup, and vanilla in a blender on low speed for 30 seconds.
- With the blender on, add the whiskey slowly, then continue blending for a few more seconds.
- Store Baileys Irish cream in sterilized glass bottles with tightly fitting lids for up to two months in the refrigerator.
- Shake well before use.
Tips And Suggestions
- You can use these tips and suggestions to create a difference in your drink-
- Try this recipe with Southern Comfort and Amaretto, Bourbon, or with brandy. It will taste awesome!
- If you don’t possess chocolate syrup, use 1/2 tsp of cocoa powder instead. I recommend whisking the cocoa powder with a tbsp of cream till smooth. You can alternatively replace the coffee and chocolate syrup with Kahlua.
- You can purchase beautiful Bormioli Rocco bottles on Amazon. Just search for “glass bottles for liquor”; there are so many alternatives!
- You can utilize “Screwball whiskey” (peanut butter whiskey) + 1 extra tbsp of chocolate syrup and drop the coffee.
- You can prepare a cinnamon Baileys with “Fireball Whiskey” for Christmas or add orange extract and extra chocolate.
- By adding half a tsp of pumpkin spice and half a cup of pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling), you can make a pumpkin spice variant.
- If you like a vegan version you can make a dairy- free variant. Use coconut milk to produce sweetened condensed milk, and then use coconut milk alternatively than cream.
- Use Drambui instead of coffee and add some Cointreau and a tad more chocolate sauce.
Glass Bottles To Store Irish Cream
Product Name: Chandra Bazaar®, Glass Bottle, Clear Glass Bottle, Leek Proof Glass Beverage Bottle, Fancy Glass Bottle, White Transparent Water Bottle Set of 3
Product Description: You can use it for day-to-day purposes and impress your guests with this environmentally friendly glass bottle made of 100% recycled material.
Brand: Chandra Bazaar
Offer price: 560
Easy to Use
Rust-Free Air-Tight Cap
User Review( votes)