How To Make Whiskey Sour Classic Cocktails Recipe
Spirit, citrus, and sugar—the primary big three—connect to form the classic sour, one of the most timeless types of cocktails.
The category encompasses the Whiskey Sour Classic, which has satiated thirsty drinkers for more than one and a half centuries.
It’s forgotten exactly when the Whiskey Sour Classic cocktail was formulated or who the creator was.
Still, its antiquity stretches back to the Lincoln government, and the first printed recipe emerged circa 1862 in the famed “Jerry Thomas Bartenders Guide.”
The Whiskey Sour Classic was made traditionally with whiskey, lemon juice, sugar, and egg white, an ingredient that tames the sour flavor and produces a richer, creamier texture.
Today that egg is voluntary, and it’s normal to find bars serving Whiskey Sours sans egg white.
But if you desire to savor the original incarnation of the drink, and put a slight protein in your body, give it a try.
When employing egg white, you’ll need to conduct a “dry shake” and shake all the components without ice ere shaking again with fresh ice.
This pro move combines the ingredients into one cohesive package. Few beverages in the cocktail bible are as quick to settle as a silky sour.
But like most traditional cocktails, the Whiskey Sour has generated countless adaptations, from tried-and-true riffs like the red wine-topped New York Sour to variants incorporating other juices, fruits, and sweeteners.
Add an embellishment to any component, and you have a personal spin on this classic drink.
We like our Whiskey Sour Classic nailed with bourbon, reinforced with egg white, and topped with a few dashes of fragrant bitters for a corresponding spice note.
Observe that format, and you can’t go wrong. But one of the best things regarding the sour is that it’s customizable, so you do you.
Whiskey Sour Classic is one of the best traditional cocktails. It’s effortless to make, and the recipe is the foundation for the entire category of sour drinks.
There are likewise a variety of adjustments you can perform to guarantee it suits your taste perfectly.
As the name implies, Whiskey Sour cocktail is sour. The flavor is well-balanced and complemented by the whiskey’s sweetness and simple syrup, so it’s not as tart as you might imagine.
Try Whiskey Sour Classic with the ratio recommended in the recipe, give it a punch, and then customize your next drink as needed.
The whiskey sour is such a traditional drink recipe that it has its anniversary. If you require a reason to mix one up, National Whiskey Sour Day is August 25.
Ingredients For Whiskey Sour Classic
- 2 ounces bourbon
- ½ ounce sugar syrup
- ½ ounce egg white (optional)
- ¾ ounce lemon juice (fresh)
- Angostura bitters (garnish)
Steps For Whiskey Sour Classic
- In a shaker, add lemon juice, bourbon, sugar syrup, and egg white(optional) and shake it well for 30-40 seconds without the ice.
- Put ice and then shake it again until it is chilled properly.
- Strain the drink into a coupe glass for serving.
- Garnish the drink with 3-4 drops of Angostura bitters.
Tips To Make Whiskey Sour Classic
When using a strong (2:1) simple syrup, you’ll probably need to use a little less in the whiskey sour. If you have a conventional syrup made with the same sugar and water parts, pour the full 3/4 ounce.
Fresh lemon juice is the solution to a great whiskey sour. Bottled lemon juices are either too sugary or too sour and will likewise affect your drink’s quality.
Each new form or label of whiskey you prefer will give the cocktail a unique flavor form. Most drinkers prefer bourbon, though a good rye whiskey delivers an excellent sour as well.
As you shift from one whiskey to another, you may require to adjust the sweet and sour elements.
➤ Want To Try Out More Classic Cocktail Recipes?
- Kamikaze Classic Cocktails Recipe
- Dirty Martini Classic Cocktails Recipes
- Difference Between Cocktail and Mocktail
- The Piña Colada Classic Cocktails Recipe
- Jamaican Breeze Classic Cocktails Recipe
- Long Island Iced Tea Classic Cocktails Recipe
- Bourbon Old Fashioned Classic Cocktails Recipe
- Bloody Mary Recipe| Bloody Mary Cocktail Recipe
- Simple Syrup Recipe For Classic Cocktails Recipes
- How Do You Make A Classic Margarita Cocktail Recipe
- Top 10 Classic Cocktails Recipes And Simple Syrup Recipe
- Difference Between Olive Brine and Olive Juice | Create Your Own Olive Brine
- The Authentic Mojito Recipe | Mojito Cocktail Recipe Vodka | Mojito Cocktail Recipe
- Best Cocktail Maker Machine For Homemade Cocktails | Best Home Frozen Drink Maker
Whiskey Sour Glasses
Product Name: Asobu Insulated Whiskey Glass and Stainless Steel Sleeve (Wood)
Product Description: With Asobu Insulated Whiskey Glass and Stainless Steel Sleeve (Wood), keep your hands warm and your whiskey cold with our insulated stainless sleeve for your whiskey glasss
Offer price: 25.99
Offer URL: https://amzn.to/2ZJ6QiL
Easy to Hold
Easy to Clean
User Review( votes)