Affiliate Disclosure: Every purchase made through our affiliate links earns us a pro-rated commission without any additional cost to you. We may earn an affiliate commission if you order any product. Here are more details about our affiliate disclosure.
Chane Ki Dal Ki Chatni | Chane Dal Chutney Without Coconut | Chana Dal Chutney With Curd
Chane ki dal ki chatni is an easy and quick spicy condiment chutney made with Bengal gram lentils. You can also make it by adding coconut if you are a die-hard coconut lover.
It is a wonderful flavor enhancer, or it may be used in place of coconut or peanut chutney, as a side dish for steamed rice and idli and dosa dishes.
This Chane Ki Dal Ki Chatni has an interesting story. I had gone visiting my mom. She told me that we had been invited to her friend’s house for lunch of dosa.
Since I love the dosa and the company that went with it, it was a super way to spend the afternoon. There aunty had made this Chane Dal Chutney Without Coconut as an accompaniment with dosa and sambhar.
Chane Ki Dal Ki Chatni was so awesome that I polished off the whole meal (and in fact overate). And how could I leave without the Chana Dal Chutney With Curd recipe! So I asked for it and aunty graciously shared it with me.
I came home and it was the first thing I made and then documented it here to be shared with all of you.
It takes minutes to prepare Chane Ki Dal Ki Chatni and consists of the same basic and prescribed ingredients as any other traditional chutney.
This chutney is a perfect accompaniment for all your Indian meals. You can even use it as a sandwich spread or a dip for your snacks.
It has a lovely texture and a beautiful flavor which comes from the combination of chilies, ginger, and garlic. The Bengal gram lentils give it a thick and creamy consistency.
This Chane Dal Chutney Without Coconut can be kept refrigerated for up to 3 days. So, make a batch and enjoy it with all your favorite dishes.
In fact, many people make their own Chatni recipes or condiment combinations because they are so common and required to make the meal tangy.
In general, these are divided into two categories: rice-based side dishes or breakfast-centric ones.
There are, however, many multipurpose chutney recipes. The chana dal chutney recipe is one such multipurpose dish that may be used for a variety of purposes.
I’ve always been a fan of chutney dishes, and it’s a must-do for me, my daughter, and my husband. The meal is incomplete without it, whether it’s for breakfast or a weekend lunch or dinner.
We aim for multipurpose chutney and avoid particular chutneys, such as dosa or idli chutney. The Chane Ki Dal Ki Chatni recipe is a multi-use dish that we often prepare.
As a matter of fact, we both like to have it thicker in its consistency. You can also prepare this recipe with a watery consistency, but it can be prepared as per your preference.
The most satisfactory part of this recipe is that it demands very few ingredients, and the steps to follow are pretty simple.
Every ingredient you shall need in Chane Ki Dal Ki Chatni without coconut will already be there in your kitchen. So no exceptional shopping is required. So, what are you waiting for?
Go ahead and give this Chane Ki Dal Ki Chatni recipe a try! I am sure you will love it as much as we do. But do let me know how it turned out in the comments section below.
How To Make Chane Ki Dal Ki Chatni | Chane Dal Chutney Without Coconut | Chana Dal Chutney With Curd
Prep Time: 2 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Total time: 7 mins
Cuisine: Indian/South Indian
Servings: 4 Servings
Author: Ranjeeta Nath Ghai
- 1 cup roasted chana dal (Bengal gram lentils) [BUY ONLINE]
- 2 green chilies
- 1-inch piece ginger (adrak)
- 2 cloves garlic (lahsun)
- 1 small onion
- ¼ cup fresh mint
- ½ cup curd
- ½ cup grated coconut (optional)
- ½ tsp jaggery (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard
- ¼ tsp hing
- few curry leaves
- 1 dried red chilli (broken)
- Roast the chana dal in a kadai or a tawa till light brown and you get the roasted aroma. Set aside to cool down.
- In a mixie add the chana dal and grind. Don’t grind it to be a very fine powder. It should be slightly grainy. Remove it and keep it aside.
- Add all the ingredients except the curd and chana dal mixture and run the mixie.
- Add the grounded chana dal powder and ½ cup of curd and blend to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste to a serving bowl and add the tempering.
- Mix well and serve with idlis, dosas, or even rice dishes.
➤ You Might Like To Check Out Related Recipes Too
- What Is Chutney In Indian Food | 10 Easy Chutney Recipes | Best Old Fashioned Chutney Recipes
- Best Phalhari Chutney | Vrat ki Chutney | Coriander Chutney
- How To Make Basic Homemade Tahini Paste
- Best Raw Mango Onion Chutney
- Best Green Spring Garlic Chutney-Hare Lehsun Ki Chutney
- How To Make A Bilahir Tok: Tomato Chutney in Assamese Style
- Quick Easy Homemade Peanut Chutney Recipe | How To Make Homemade Peanut Chutney
- Easy Homemade Coconut Chutney Recipe
- Mint and Turmeric Chutney Recipe | Village Style Recip
- Spicy Red Chilli Chutney Recipe
- Before I go, I’d like to provide some pointers, suggestions, and alternative methods for a fantastic chana dal chutney dish.
- To begin, I’ve simply used Bengal gram or chana dal in this dish, as shown in the instructions.
- However, if you wish to add other lentil varieties such as toor dal or urad dal with the same proportion, you may.
- If you like the combination of sweet and spicy taste in your chutney you can add a little jaggery to your chutney. I have skipped adding it to this recipe, but you are more than welcome to add it.
- Lastly, do not fail to add the tempering of oil, mustard seed, and curry leaves to get the authentic taste.
- You can add fresh mint or preserved dry mint leaves. It’s optional but let me assure you that you’ll love it with mint.
- If you don’t have curd then you can replace it with tamarind pulp.
Recipe Name: Chane Ki Dal Ki Chatni | Chane Dal Chutney Without Coconut | Chana Dal Chutney With Curd
Author: Ranjeeta Nath Ghai
Description: Every ingredient you shall need in Chane Ki Dal Ki Chatni without coconut will already be there in your kitchen. So no exceptional shopping is required. So, what are you waiting for?
Preperation time: 2M
Cook Time: 5M
Total Time: 7M
Type: side dish
Recipe Yield: 4 servings
Recipe Ingredients: for chutney:, , 1 cup roasted chana dal (Bengal gram lentils), 2 green chilies, 1-inch piece ginger (adrak), 2 cloves garlic (lahsun), 1 small onion, ¼ cup fresh mint, ½ cup curd, ½ cup grated coconut (optional), ½ tsp jaggery (optional), Salt to taste, for tempering:, , 1 tbsp oil, ½ tsp mustard, ¼ tsp hing, few curry leaves, 1 dried red chilli (broken)
Recipe Instructions: Roast the chana dal in a kadai or a tawa till light brown and you get the roasted aroma. Set aside to cool down. In a mixie add the chana dal and grind. Don’t grind it to be a very fine powder. It should be slightly grainy. Remove it and keep it aside. Add all the ingredients except the curd and chana dal mixture and run the mixie. Add the grounded chana dal powder and ½ cup of curd and blend to a smooth paste. Transfer the paste to a serving bowl and add the tempering. Mix well and serve with idlis, dosas, or even rice dishes.
Recipe Cuisine: Indian/South Indian
Video thumbnail URL:
Ease of Cooking
Availability of Ingredients
User Review( vote)