Affiliate Disclosure: Every purchase made through our affiliate links earns us a pro-rated commission without any additional cost to you. Here are more details about our affiliate disclosure.
Best Beetroot Carrot Raita (Indian Style Vegetable Dip)
Beetroot Carrot Raita is an Indian-style vegetable dip. It’s easy to make, healthy, and extremely delicious with crunchy vegetables.
This raita goes well both with Indian as well as non-Indian snacks. So, it makes a wonderful party or potluck dish!
Beetroot carrot raita recipe is a healthy, nutritious, and beautiful colored raita. Beetroot carrot raita is a party recipe and serve this yummy creamy raita with your favourite snack.
According to one source, a meal should be color-coordinated to induce appetite. Diverse colors in a meal aren’t only healthy from a nutritional standpoint, but they also heal our nadis and chakras in subtle ways.
Additionally, I added some chopped capsicums and onions to the raita to make it crunchier. However, onions are optional and to be avoided when you are on a fasting diet.
Capsicum, or green bell peppers as they are called in America, gives a very crunchy taste and texture to the raita.
Raita is an Indian yogurt salad which is usually prepared with chopped cucumbers (kheera), tomatoes, onions, and cilantro.
To make this Beetroot carrots raita recipe, you will need a good blender. Raita can be savored as a side dish or appetizer (nashta) with main course.
You may add spinach or bathua like in How To Cook Simple And Easy Palak Ka Raita | Spinach Raita | Bathua Ka Raita
I must admit that the beetroot carrot raita complemented dal rice nicely. It was a great addition to the other raitas we usually have at home.
In reality, I decided to go easy on my meal and replaced the rest of it with the raita. You may also use this beetroot carrot raita as a side dish with rice or biryani.
How To Make Beetroot Carrot Raita
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
Course: Side Dish
Yield: 3 servings
Author: Ranjeeta Nath Ghai
- 2 cups Curd (yogurt)
- 1 medium-size beetroot – grated
- 1 medium-size grated carrot
- 1 onion – finely chopped (optional- a NO NO for fasting recipe)
- 1 small bell pepper (green/red/yellow) – finely chopped (optional),
- 1 tsp cumin seed powder
- rock salt black salt to taste [BUY ONLINE]
- The curd should be lightly beaten and smoothed.
- Stir in the cumin seed powder and salt along with all the chopped veggies.
- It could be garnished with chopped cilantro and coriander leaves.
- Served with dal and rice, pulao, or biryani, this raita goes well with fasting recipes too.
Recipe Notes For Making The Raita
- As you can see, I have not tempered the raita because I did not think it was necessary. To enhance the flavor of your raita, you could temper it with curry leaves, mustard and hing.
- You can add rock salt (sendha namak) to this raita if you are preparing it for fasting or religious vrat.
- Also, do not add onions if preparing for a religious vrat or fast, because onions are typically not permitted.
- Whenever rice is used as a base dish, like biryani or pulao, raita pairs well. Rasta tastes so good that you can eat it plain.
- If you are using all 3 bell peppers- red, green and yellow, then don’t use full take ¼ of each.
You Might Like To Check Out Other Fasting Food Recipes
- Best Nutritious Singhara Atta Cheela Recipe [No Onion No Garlic Navratri Fasting/Vrat Recipe]
- How To Cook Simple And Easy Palak Ka Raita | Spinach Raita | Bathua Ka Raita
- How to Cook Kuttu Ka Paratha Recipe | Vrat Ka Paratha Recipe | Kuttu Ki Roti
- Arbi Curry Recipe | Arbi Masala Recipe | Punjabi Arbi Masala
- Kuttu Ke Pakode | Buckwheat Fritters | Kuttu Ki Vrat Ki Pakodi
- How To Cook Aloo Paneer Ka Kofta For Fasting Or Snack
- How To Cook Falahari Thalipeeth | Sabudana Thalipeet
- Phalhari Chutney | Vrat ki Chutney | Coriander Chutney
- Best Spicy Sabudana Khichdi Recipe | Vrat Recipe
- Kuttu Ki Poori Recipe | Vrat Ki Poori
- Tangy Lauki Aloo Ki Sabji Recipe
- Easy Kaddu Ki Sabji with Gravy
- Aloo Tamatar Ki Sabji
Recipe Name: Best Beetroot Carrot Raita (Indian Style Vegetable Dip)
Author: Ranjeeta Nath Ghai
Description: This raita goes well both with Indian as well as non-Indian snacks. So, it makes a wonderful party or potluck dish!
Preperation time: 20M
Cook Time: 5M
Total Time: 25M
Type: appetizer, side-dish
Recipe Yield: 3 servings
Recipe Ingredients: 2 cups Curd (yogurt), 1 medium-size beetroot – grated, 1 medium-size grated carrot, 1 onion – finely chopped (optional- a NO NO for fasting recipe), 1 small bell pepper (green/red/yellow) – finely chopped (optional),, 1 tsp cumin seed powder, rock salt black salt to taste
Recipe Instructions: The curd should be lightly beaten and smoothed. Stir in the cumin seed powder and salt along with all the chopped veggies. It could be garnished with chopped cilantro and coriander leaves. Served with dal and rice, pulao, or biryani, this raita goes well with fasting recipes too.
Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Video thumbnail URL:
Ease of Cooking
Availability of Ingredients
Safe to Eat While Fasting