Affiliate Disclosure: Every purchase made through our affiliate links earns us a pro-rated commission without any additional cost to you. Here are more details about our affiliate disclosure.
Best Mixed Vegetable Indian Pickle | Indian Mixed Vegetable Pickle For Winter
It’s always good to usher in a new year on a spicy note with new hopes, aspirations, resolutions, and Indian Mixed vegetable pickle.
Well, it may sound a little unconventional way to welcome the new year, but the season is here for the fresh winter vegetables, and before the season ends.
I want you to make this spicy lip-smacking Indian mix vegetable pickle.
In the old days, when access to ready-made foods was perhaps a privilege to the urbanites, there weren’t so many popular international brands.
Our summers were mostly spent making mango pickles and winters in making gobi, gajar, and shalgam pickle or mix vegetable pickle.
All picking is finished before the rainy season hits and starts again after the Autumn brings lots of sunshine.
It was the occasion to shower some sunlight on the pickled jars, too, and for me, the most tedious part was to pursue the sun with the pickle jars as it slips slowly from the horizon.
Indian pickles are recognized for spicy, rich, and oil-based nature but are extremely fragrant. You can feel an explosion of flavors as you sniff the bottle, even before tasting it.
That wills us plenty of jars to gift to our relations and neighbors who haven’t quite mastered the art of pickling.
The pickles pack a punch to the humble meals of plain rice and dal, and makes rotis and paratha taste great. They are almost indispensable in our home.
So each season, we have loads of things to pickle, not to discuss the half-dozen jars of lime and mango pickle as those trees were perpetually fruit-laden in our home.
So let’s start making one of the most simple pickles of all time.
Recipe to Cook Mixed Vegetable Indian Pickle
Prep Time 30 mins
Cook Time 7 days
Total Time 7days 30 mins
Servings 4 people
Author Ranjeeta Nath Ghai
- 200 Gram Carrot गाजर
- 200 Gram Cauliflower गोभी
- 200 Gram Lime निम्बू
- 200gm Radish मूली
- 100gram Green Chilli हरी मिर्च
- 100 gram Ginger अदरक
- 100 gram Garlic लहसुन
- 200 ml Mustard Oil (or as required) सरसों का तेल
- 200 ml Vinegar सिरका
- 20 Gram Kalonji कलौंजी
- 20 Gram Methi Seed मेथी दाना
- 20 Grams FoodAllTime Garam Masala गरम मसाला
- 20 Gram Salt नमक
- 20 Gram Turmeric or As Per Taste हल्दी ज़रुरत अनुसार
- Cut the vegetables into small pieces
- Put them out to dry in the sun to dry out the excess water
- Heat oil and put all the spices together and add vinegar
- Add the vegetables in oil and spice mix and mix thoroughly
- Mix everything and store in an airtight jar
- Put it out in the sun to cook for 7 days.
- And it’s ready to eat.
Do not handle the pickle jar with wet hands.
Your hands should be clean and dry while making the pickle.
For me, pickle is not than any holy item as it requires utmost cleanliness and dedication to make.
You can add as many or as fewer vegetables you want in this.
Winter seasonal vegetables are the best.
You Might Want To Try Some More Achar Recipes
- Best Gobi Gajar Shalgam Achar Recipe
- Mango Pickle Recipe, How to Make Mango Pickle | Aam Ka Achar Recipe
- How To Make Fresh Mango Pickle Recipe: Gujarati Style
- Best Organic Haldi Ginger Amba Haldi Mirch Ka Achar । Turmeric Ginger Mango Ginger Chilli Pickle
- Best Stuffed Red Chilli Pickle | Lal Mirch Ka Achar | Lal Mirch Ka Bharwa Achar
- How To Make PICKLE MASALA • ACHAR MASALA • ATHANA NO MASALO
- Best Chicken Pickle Andhra Style | Chicken Avakaya
- Best Andhra Tomato Pickle Recipe |Tomato Pickle Recipe | Tomato Pachadi Recipe | Tomato Achar Recipe
- Best Spicy Green Chilli Pickle Easy Recipe | Hari Mirchi Ka Achar
- Instant Gujarati GolKeri Achar Recipe
- 10 Best Achar and Pickle Recipes of India
Recipe Name: Mixed Vegetable Indian Pickle | Indian Mixed Vegetable Pickle For Winter
Author: Ranjeeta Nath Ghai
Description: The pickle packs a punch to the humble meals of plain rice and dal, and makes rotis and paratha taste great. They are almost indispensable in our home.
Preperation time: 30M
Cook Time: 7 DAYS
Total Time: 7DAYS 30M
Recipe Yield: 4 people
Recipe Ingredients: Vegetables, , 200 Gram Carrot, 200 Gram Cauliflower, 200 Gram Lime, 200gm Radish, 100gram Green Chilli, 100 gram Ginger, 100 gram Garlic, 200 ml Mustard Oil (or as required), Spices, , 200 ml Vinegar, 20 Gram Kalonji, 20 Gram Methi Seed, 20 Grams Garam Masala, 20 Gram Salt, 20 Gram Turmeric or As Per Taste
Recipe Instructions: Cut the vegetables into small pieces Put them out to dry in the sun to dry out the excess water Heat oil and put all the spices together and add vinegar Add the vegetables in oil and spice mix and mix thoroughly Mix everything and store in an airtight jar Put it out in the sun to cook for 7 days. And it’s ready to eat.
Recipe Cuisine: Indian/Punjabi/Himachali
Video thumbnail URL:
Ease of Cooking
User Review( votes)