Affiliate Disclosure: Every purchase made through our affiliate links earns us a pro-rated commission without any additional cost to you. We may earn an affiliate commission if you order any product. Here are more details about our affiliate disclosure.
Best Raw Mango Onion Chutney
Best Raw Mango Onion Chutney recipe is a Tangy tasty summer chutney recipe of raw mango and onions with minimal spices. This chutney will never fail to complement whatever you have cooked and will always be the hot favourite of all.
Chutney is an all-time hit side dish or condiment which is quite popular in Indian cuisine.
Chutney is a side dish that is prepared with a combination of fruits, vegetables, or sometimes both. Usually, you will see chutneys segregated in two varieties. That is it can be a dry chutney or fresh chutney.
The wet or the fresh chutney is prepared at home and eaten fresh, which means that fresh chutneys have low shelf life than dry chutneys, which have a longer shelf life and can be stored in refrigerators for months together.
This raw mango onion chutney is considered very good in summers as it helps beat the heat. You must have at least one teaspoon or more of this raw mango onion chutney at least twice a day to beat the heatstroke.
You can also have it as a medicinal purpose after you come home from direct sun and have been hit by the loo.
During summers in India, the sun is generally scorching hot and can sometimes rise to 49 degrees Celsius. Recipes of mango like mango and onion chutney, aam Panna, kachi keri ka sharbat or aam ka murabba will all help you fight off the heat and heat stroke.
This raw mango onion chutney can also be used in different types of chaat recipes or used in How To Cook Bharwa Karela Recipe/Stuffed Karela Recipe/Stuffed Bitter Gourd Recipe as it gives a nice tangy flavor to the dish that it has been added to.
Mango is the king of fruits; hence, raw mango is also packed with loads of nutrients and antioxidants, so try to include it once in your diet in one form.
Also, look out for raw mango and coriander chutney, another tangy chutney made out of raw mangoes and leave you wanting more.
For now, we shall concentrate on this super simple raw mango onion chutney. Preparation of raw mango onion chutney will be taking you approximately half an hour. Still, the cooking will take you not even 5 minutes.
It is so yummy that it will be consumed within the next 2 to 3 days, and you will end up making one again before the end of the week, so take my word and start making this chutney as soon as you can lay your hands on raw mangoes.
In north India, mango season comes during summers. If you can get your hands on South Indian mangoes, then you can go ahead and make this raw mango onion chutney even in winters. You can also order them from amazon fresh.
What you can also do is when it is the mango season, you can grate the mangoes and preserve them in your deep freezer and then keep on taking them out as and when you require it.
This is an alternative that is generally used when you have a good deep freezer. I generally stock up my kachi keri or grated raw mango when the summers are on, and fresh mangoes are in season.
I grate my mangoes, and deep freeze them and use them throughout the year as and when I need and when I’m finished with them, I am eagerly waiting for the next mangoes to hit the market so that I can get going again.
Course Side Dish
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 4 people
Author Ranjeeta Nath Ghai
- 4 medium Raw Mangoes/Kachcha Aam grated कच्चे आम
- 3 medium-sized onions- grated प्याज़
- 1½ tsp Everest Kashmiri lal Red Chilli powder कश्मीरी लाल मिर्च
- ½ tsp Sugar/Chini चीनी
- Salt To Taste नमक
- Grate the mango and onion using the broader side of the grater.
- Mix the grated mango and onions, salt, red chili, and sugar.
- Taste and check for and adjustments of salt or sugar depending on your taste.
- Store in an airtight jar or a glass jar in the refrigerator.
- It keeps well for a week or two depending on the cooling of your fridge.
➤ You Might Like To Check Out Related Recipes Too
- What Is Chutney In Indian Food | 10 Easy Chutney Recipes | Best Old Fashioned Chutney Recipes
- Best Phalhari Chutney | Vrat ki Chutney | Coriander Chutney
- How To Make Basic Homemade Tahini Paste
- Best Green Spring Garlic Chutney-Hare Lehsun Ki Chutney
- How To Make A Bilahir Tok: Tomato Chutney in Assamese Style
- Quick Easy Homemade Peanut Chutney Recipe | How To Make Homemade Peanut Chutney
- Easy Homemade Coconut Chutney Recipe
- Mint and Turmeric Chutney Recipe | Village Style Recip
- Chane Ki Dal Ki Chatni | Chane Dal Chutney Without Coconut | Chana Dal Chutney With Curd
- Spicy Red Chilli Chutney Recipe
Ease of Making
User Review( votes)