Affiliate Disclosure: Every purchase made through our affiliate links earns us a pro-rated commission without any additional cost to you. We may earn an affiliate commission if you order any product. Here are more details about our affiliate disclosure.
Best Chicken 65 Recipe Kerala Style
South Indian cuisine’s Chicken 65, the spiciest chicken recipe, is a delight for meat lovers. It’s the perfect way to enjoy a special occasion with this delicious and easy snack.
For those of you wondering how this delicacy is made, here is a detailed recipe. So, what are you wondering? Try this amazing chicken 65 recipe and let us hear your thoughts in the comments section.
South Indian chicken 65 or chicken 65 masala is a delicious, spicy and authentic dish that takes less than an hour to prepare.
Try the Recipe of Chicken 65 at your next house party for a tasty chicken starter. Make this easy chicken 65 recipe and your friends and family will be raving about it.
Children will absolutely love the crispy, juicy and spicy chicken 65 for their snacks. A chicken 65 is prepared by marinating it in spices and yoghurt and serving it with chutneys and dips.
You can check out the recipes here for chutneys and dips. Also, it is an excellent choice for birthdays, anniversaries, and kitty parties.
The chicken 65 recipe consists of bite-sized pieces of chicken that are marinated, deep-fried and stir-fried. Spices, tangy yoghurt, and juicy chicken combine to make this interesting chicken recipe.
To make chicken 65 you can always dry roast the spices separately and grind them to make this appetizer dish more flavorful and aromatic.
Adding your own flavours to this crispy and delicious chicken recipe will make it even more delicious.
The spice quotient of this chicken 65 recipe dish will please spice lovers everywhere (though yo can always control the spices when you make it for your kids.)
The marinade plays a major role in the taste of this recipe. I had made the whole marinade and kept it in fridge to be made for the next day.
But my son did not get a day off, so it stayed in the fridge for three days fully marinated. Then on the fourth day, I made it when he came home, and it turned out awesome.
Now I marinate it for a maximum of 48 hrs or as less as one day/1 hr depending on the urgency.
One thing I have realised is that… the longer I marinate the juicer it is on the inside and crispier on the outside. Marinate the chicken for a longer time to let the chicken 65 masala seep into the chicken.
In order to make it less spicy and creamy, lower the quantity of green chilly and garam masala. Crush dried curry leaves and use them for marinating to give it more flavor.
These are some very simple steps for making chicken 65 at home.
Recipe How To Make Chicken 65 Kerala Style
This melange of southern spices and tender chicken makes for a perfectly seasoned dish to relish. You can pair this easy chicken 65 recipe snack with drinks of your choice.
Ingredients for Chicken 65
- 500 gm chicken breast (bonelless and chopped to bite size pieces)
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp FoodAllTime Garam Masala
- 4 tbsp yoghurt (curd)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Everest Kashmiri lal chilli powder
- 2 tbsp rice powder
- 2 tbsp Multipurpose Healthy Green Paste गुणकारी हरा मसाला
- salt as required
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tsp Everest Kashmiri lal chilli powder
- 1 tsp FoodAllTime Garam Masala
- 4 sprigs curry leaves
- 1 tsp mustard seeds (big and black)
- 3 tbsp water
Method To Make Chicken 65
- Cut the chicken boneless breast to bite size pieces, wash and keep aside in a seive for water to drain out.
- Prepare your marinade by mixing all the ingredients given above in the marinate section.
- Add the chicken pieces and mix well. (Marinating the chicken is an important step that gives the recipe real flavor.)
- Once the chicken pieces are well-coated with the marinade, keep them aside on the shelf or fridge for 4-5 hours (if making it in summer, keep it in the fridge and if making it in winter, on your kitchen shelf) so that flavours are well absorbed.
- Put some oil in a deep-bottomed pan and heat it over medium heat.
- When the oil is sufficiently hot, carefully add the marinated chicken pieces (in batches) in the oil and fry them until they are cooked or golden.
- Now, remove and keep the chicken pieces aside.
- In a separate pan, add oil and heat over medium flame till hot.
- Add the mustard seeds and lower the flame.
- The moment mustard seeds start sputtering, add the curry leaves and the green chillies and fry them till crisp.
- Add the tempering masala, stir a little and add water.
- Once done, add the fried chicken pieces and mix well till the chicken pieces are well coated and continue to cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer the dish to a serving bowl and garnish it with chopped spring onions and serve with chutney or dips.
- The very first thing that you must note while making Chicken 65 is, the longer you marinate the chicken, the tastier it will be. You can easily marinate the chicken for up to 2-3 days.
- You can also add 1 tbsp red wine/rum to the marinade.
- For that crispiness, you can either use rice flour or cornflour while preparing the marinade.
- If the sourness of yoghurt is enough, add a teaspoon of lemon in it. This will provide the much-needed sour taste to the dish.
- Always use chicken breast /chicken thighs for making this dish, as they are juicier and have high-fat content in it.
You Might Want To Try Some More Snacks & Salad Recipes
- Cornflakes Namkeen | Cornflakes Mixture | Cornflakes Chivda
- How To Cook Best Homemade Nachos Chips
- Best Mini Pizzas Recipe: A Perfect Snack
- Easy Potato Bake Recipe In Oven And Microwave
- Simple And Easy Stuffed Potatoes Recipe 3 Variations
- Super Easy Paneer Pakora Recipe and Hari Chutney [With Video]
- Refreshingly Delicious Macaroni and Coconut Salad (Khao Pad Mor Mee)
- Yummy Mexican Salad with Nacho Chips
- Roasted Mexican Street Corn Salad
- Nutritious Tossed Salad with Stir-fried Mushroom
- Couscous Salad With Roasted Vegetable And Mixed Herbs
- How To Cook Easy Traditional Greek Salad Recipe
- Khandvi Recipe | Besan Ki Khandvi Recipe | Gujarati Khandvi Recipe
- Easy Falafel Recipe | Falafel Tikkis Recipe
- Potato 65 Recipe | Best Vegetarian Snack Recipe | Aloo 65
- Stuffed Surti Bhusu Sev Bread Rolls Without Potatoes | Stuffed Bread Rolls