Affiliate Disclosure: Every purchase made through our affiliate links earns us a pro-rated commission without any additional cost to you. We may earn an affiliate commission if you order any product. Here are more details about our affiliate disclosure.
Nutritious Tossed Salad with Stir-fried Mushroom
There is a certain sense of contentment that one gets from eating mushrooms. I can never tire of this earthy delicacy. Tossed salad with stir-fried mushrooms and fresh vegetables provides an interesting balance between raw and cooked in one dish.
This low-carb vegan dish is both healthy and filling thanks to its high fibre content and low-calorie count. Having lots of texture in this salad with lots of different flavours is something that my family loves. Play around with the dressing to fit your taste and add any vegetables or greens of your choice.
The addition of barley in this salad makes it heavier but more filling, so I like to leave it out when we have company over for dinner or make it in small portions as a side dish.
Tossed salad with stir-fried mushrooms is the perfect recipe if you are looking for something light and flavourful that can be made quickly.
This takes less than 30 minutes of active time from start to finish and it makes enough salad for two days.
I make this on Sunday afternoon and eat some for lunch and dinner. On Monday, I pack the rest for my husband to take to work as he works long hours overnight on weekdays.
This meal can be made gluten-free by substituting barley with quinoa, grilled or roasted chicken (shredded) or rice pasta noodles. Tossed salad is also great if you are looking for a tasty starter or appetizer at dinner parties.
Eating out at restaurants during the holidays? Tossed salad with stir-fried mushrooms can be packed in a jar and taken along as a side dish. It is best served cold so just pack it in a plastic container and eat it once you arrive at your dining venue.
Tossed Salad with Stir-fried Mushroom is light, refreshing and tasty. Topped with stir-fried mushroom strips, this salad can serve as a starter to any Asian meal.
The most important thing to keep in mind while preparing this salad is to give it a good toss until all ingredients are well combined. This will ensure everything mixes together and no ingredient sticks out among the rest.
If you do not like the taste of barley, feel free to substitute it with quinoa or brown rice.
You can also add chicken to this dish for extra nutrition and flavour. Plus, shredded chicken combines really well with salad greens and reduces preparation time.
If you are wondering how much dressing goes into this recipe, I recommend one tablespoon of dressing per half cup of salad. Dressing amounts can be adjusted to suit personal taste and texture preferences. Also, play around with different types of dressing until you find one that fits well with the ingredients in this dish.
The key to packing this into a jar is by keeping everything separate until just before serving time so all ingredients remain fresh and crunchy.
In addition to being a great dinner party starter, you can easily prepare it ahead of time by keeping everything separate until just before serving time. Simply add the dressing right before serving time to avoid soggy salad greens.
If you are taking this as an appetizer, just make sure to pack the ingredients separately in a jar or a container to avoid mixing. You can also have it while following your KETO diet plan or 16:8 and 20:4 intermediate fasting schedule.
Let me know how you like my tossed salad with stir-fried mushrooms by leaving your comments below! I’d love to hear from you. My sincere thanks go out to all of you who read my blog, and I hope you have a wonderful day!
Don’t wait, just try this delicious and satisfying salad! Let us know if you try this recipe! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #foodalltime on Instagram. You may like to try our other similar recipes like Roasted Mexican Street Corn Salad and How To Cook Easy Traditional Greek Salad Recipe.
Nutritious Tossed Salad with Stir-fried Mushroom (Low Carb) [Recipe]
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Author: Ranjeeta Nath Ghai
Ingredients For Nutritious Tossed Salad With Stir-Fried Mushroom
For the Salad
½ cup sliced red bell pepper
½ cup sliced yellow bell pepper
½ cup sliced green bell pepper
½ cup sliced onion
1 cup iceberg lettuce torn
1 cup salad leaves torn
For the Dressing
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp soya sauce
1 tbsp honey (optional)
1 tsp lemon juice/red wine vinegar
½ tsp red pepper sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
Direction For Nutritious Tossed Salad With Stir-Fried Mushroom
- Cut up the greens into bite-sized pieces after washing and drying.
- Prepare the salad by placing all the ingredients in a medium salad bowl and setting aside.
- Using a damp kitchen towel, clean the mushrooms. Halve each mushroom and slice each mushroom into thin slices.
- Append oil or butter to a large pan and heat over high heat.
- Stir in the garlic, then add the mushrooms
- Cook the mushrooms on high heat until they are firm, but not mushy. Turn off the heat and season with salt
- Before adding it to the salad, let it come to room temperature.
- Arrange the greens on a serving dish; add the mushrooms and drizzle the dressing on top. Serve.
- Toss the greens, mushrooms and the dressing together and serve.
Tips For Making A Great Salad
- Make sure to use fresh button mushrooms. Tofu and cottage cheese can be used along with mushrooms. To achieve that smoky flavor, saute the mushrooms over high heat.
- The salad greens can be any combination you like. Ideally, the greens should be crunchy and fresh.
- In addition to peppers, cherry tomatoes, and cucumbers or non-vegan items like kebabs or shredded chicken can also be used.
- When adding stir-fry to a salad, let it reach room temperature first, otherwise, the greens may wilt and lose their crunch.
- Make the dressing as per your taste. Salad dressing should always be tasted before being added.
- To maintain the crunchiness add the dressing just before serving to prevent the salad from losing its fresh flavors and textures.
You Might Want To Try Some More Snacks & Salad Recipes
- Cornflakes Namkeen | Cornflakes Mixture | Cornflakes Chivda
- How To Cook Best Homemade Nachos Chips
- Best Mini Pizzas Recipe: A Perfect Snack
- Easy Potato Bake Recipe In Oven And Microwave
- Simple And Easy Stuffed Potatoes Recipe 3 Variations
- Super Easy Paneer Pakora Recipe and Hari Chutney [With Video]
- Refreshingly Delicious Macaroni and Coconut Salad (Khao Pad Mor Mee)
- Yummy Mexican Salad with Nacho Chips
- Roasted Mexican Street Corn Salad
- Couscous Salad With Roasted Vegetable And Mixed Herbs
- How To Cook Easy Traditional Greek Salad Recipe
Product Name: Del Monte Olive Pomace Oil PET, 1L
Product Description: The pomace olive oil from Del Monte is a light oil with a neutral taste and aroma. Thus, this oil is the best choice for Indian cuisine because it does not alter the flavor of foods.
Brand: Del Monte
Offer price: 349.00
Value for money
User Review( votes)