Affiliate Disclosure: Every purchase made through our affiliate links earns us a pro-rated commission without any additional cost to you. We may earn an affiliate commission if you order any product. Here are more details about our affiliate disclosure.
Aromatic Chinese Aromatic Chinese Five Spice Powder Recipe
Five minutes from start to finish is all it takes to make authentic Chinese Five Spice!
Are you wondering about the origin of chinese five spice? Well, Fire, water, wood, earth, and metal are the five elements of Chinese Five Spice.
The five elements are manifested in different parts of the body in traditional Chinese medicine, and when there is an imbalance in these elements, illness can occur.
Herbs and spices have been used for thousands of years to restore balance to the body, which is why Chinese five-spice powder is so popular.
What Spices Are Used In Chinese Five Spice?
Depending on personal preference, spices vary greatly in ingredients and amounts from region to region and household to household. You can buy these here from Amazon.in by clicking on the links below.
How To Make Chinese Five Spice?
Grind all the above aromatic spices in a spice grinder or coffee grinder until smooth.
It is not necessary to toast the spices if you’re in a hurry, but toasting will elevate the flavor! All you need to do is place it in an airtight spice jar. Easy as pie!
Take a moment to enjoy the incredible aroma.
Spices should be stored in an airtight jar for up to 6 months to preserve their flavor.
This is so much easier and better than store-bought!
Use this authentic chinese five spice in making your Chinese Five Spice Cocktail too!
Chinese Five Spice Powder Recipe
Here’s a simple Fragrant and flavorful authentic recipe of Chinese Five Spice powder that can be made in 5 minutes flat. You can buy these here from Amazon.com by clicking on the links below.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 2 Minutes
Total Time: 7 Minutes
Serving Size: 2 Teaspoons
Author: Ranjeeta Nath Ghai
- 6 whole star anise pods
- 1 1/2 tsp whole cloves (or 1 1/4 tsp ground)
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches long ) or two tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp fennel seeds
- 2 tsp Szechuan peppercorns ( or sub 3 teaspoons regular peppercorns)
- Dry whole spices can be toasted in a dry skillet for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Using a spice grinder, grind all ingredients until smooth.
- Take a deep breath and smell the goodness.
- For the best flavor, store in an airtight spice jar and use within six months.
- This recipe makes ¼ cup of Chinese Five Spice Powder.
In order to create a more fragrant, intense flavor, lightly toast the seeds/pods in a dry skillet.
You could substitute 1 tablespoon anise seeds in a pinch, but the flavor won’t be as strong.
You Might Like Recipes of Other Spices
- Multipurpose Healthy Green Paste गुणकारी हरा मसाला
- How To Make FoodAllTime Garam Masala
- Preserving Mint Leaves: Storing, Drying & Freezing Mint
- Panch Phoran: Five Spice Powder & Mixture
- How To Make Best Pickle Masala | Achar Masala | Athana no Nasalo
- Preserving Curry Leaves/Kadi Patta
- How To Make Perfect Sambhar Masala Recipe
- How To Prepare FoodAllTime Tadka / Tempering
- How To Make Schezwan Sauce: Chinese Recipe
- 10 Best Natural Methods of Food Preservation
- Masala Chai | Easy Homemade Chai Masala Powder
Five Spice Seasoning Powder $27.08
Product Name: McCormick Culinary Chinese Five Spice, 16 oz - One 16 Ounce Container of Chinese Five Spice Powder with Sweet and Savory Flavor in Stir-Fries, Stews and More
Product Description: In addition to salty, bitter, sour, sweet and spicy flavors, McCormick Culinary Chinese Five Spice includes all five flavors. Make varied dishes taste better at home by adding a well-rounded flavor.
Brand: McCormick Culinary Store
Offer price: 27.08
Value for money
User Review( votes)