Affiliate Disclosure: Every purchase made through our affiliate links earns us a pro-rated commission without any additional cost to you. We may earn an affiliate commission if you order any product. Here are more details about our affiliate disclosure.
Lauki Ka Halwa Recipe- Rich And Creamy Indian Dessert
Lauki Ka Halwa Recipe, Dudhi Halwa Recipe, Lauki Ka Halwa, Indian Dessert Recipe, Rich And Creamy Indian Dessert,
Lauki Ka Halwa Recipe is a rich and creamy Indian dessert recipe prepared from grated bottle gourd, full cream milk and sugar.
This traditional Indian sweet recipe’s uniqueness lies within the individual grated bottle gourd slices that gets crunchy and caramelized with sugar.
Lauki Ka Halwa Recipe, Dudhi Halwa Recipe, Lauki Ka Halwa, Indian Dessert Recipe, Rich And Creamy Indian Dessert, or bottle gourd dessert recipes are very common during the festival seasons.
It is massively prepared during Navaratri fasting or marriages or during any festive season/fasting season. Lauki Ka Halwa is one such common dessert recipe prepared with 2 purposes…
Without doubt Lauki Ka Halwa Recipe is a classic dessert for any festival, but also high in nutrition and fibre and hence excellent for fasting.
Let me tell you that there are several different ways in which the dudhi halwa recipe can be cooked and it varies with the location or region.
However, there are two main variations of this recipe. One is by preparing it either with milk and the second option is using condensed milk/milkmaid.
Note that if you are using the condensed milk/milkmaid, no extra sugar is required to be appended as condensed milk already contains ample of sugar.
In this recipe I have followed the traditional way of preparing it via fresh cream milk and khoya.
The advantage of milk is that the amount of sugar can be effortlessly controlled as compared to the condensed milk.
Moreover, I feel the grated bottle gourd slices get cooked suitably with milk yielding a more rich and creamy lauki ka halwa.
This is because milk takes more time to thicken and eventually helps bottle gourd slices to cook adequately.
Moreover, the recipe for dudhi ka halwa recipe is absolutely simple, and any beginner cook can easily undertake preparing it without much hassle.
If you consider making Khoya/mawa at home a problem then you can always buy it from your trusted sweet shop.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
Author: Ranjeeta Nath Ghai
How To Make Lauki Ka Halwa Recipe- Rich And Creamy Indian Dessert Recipe
- 600 grams lauki / bottle gourd लौकी
- ½ cup ghee / clarified butter देसी घी
- 5 cashew halved काजू
- 5 almond, chopped बादाम
- 2 tbsp raisins किशमिश
- ½ cup milk दूध
- ½ cup sugar as per taste चीनी
For Khoya: खोया बनाने का तरीका
- 1 tsp desi ghee देसी घी
- ¼ cup milk दूध
- 100-gram milk powder, full cream मिल्क पाउडर
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder पिसी इलाइची
- Heat the ghee and roast the dry fruits golden brown and keep aside.
- Add grated lauki and sauté for 5 minutes till the lauki shrinks slightly and changes colour.
- Add in milk and mix well stirrng all the time.
- Cook for 10 minutes on high flame or on slow flame until the milk thickens and lauki is completely cooked .
- Now append the sugar and mix well.
- after you add the sugar keep stirring continuously or it’ll stick to the bottm and burn.
- Sugar melts and keep stirring till it the halwa thickens.
- Add khoya into lauki mixture. Mix well.
- Keep stirring the halwa all the while till the mixture thickens and forms a mass. By this time, mouthwatering aromas should be tingling your tastebuds.
- Add in roasted nuts and ¼ tsp cardamom powder. Mix well.
- Finally, transfer dudhi halwa / lauki halwa to a bowl and serve hot.
Recipe Tips For A Perfect Layered Lauki Ka Halwa Recipe
Grate the bottle gourd solely at the sides and do not use the core part of it.
You can also add mawa/khoya after the milk starts thickening.
Adding khoya assists to make it more rich and creamy, and juicy also.
Lastly, do not overlook to stir continuously while the grated bottle gourd is cooking with milk and then later with sugar. Otherwise, it may stick to the bottom. this will give it a burnt smell and also change the colour of the lauki ka halwa.
You May Like to Try Other Exotic Dessert Recipes
- 7 Cups Sweet Barfi Recipe In English | 7 Cup Cake Recipe
- Homemade Recipe for Making Modak For Ganesh Chaturthi
- Delicious Khajur and Rice Kheer Recipe
- How To Make Badam Ki Kheer | Badam Kheer Recipe| Badam Payasam
- Sabudana Kheer | Tapioca Pearls Pudding
- How To Make Easy Yummylicious Paneer Kheer
- Poornam Burelu Recipe: Dal ki Mithai | Traditional Indian Sweets Recipe
- Moong Dal Halwa: A Rajasthani Speciality
- Best Aate Ka Halwa (Kada Prasad , Wheat Halwa)
- Farali Rajgira Atta Sheera (Amaranth Flour Halwa)
- Easy One-pot Seviyan Kheer Recipe | Vermicelli Kheer Recipe
- Creamy Makhana Kheer Recipe | Phool Makhane Ki Kheer
- Best Sweet Potato Kheer Recipe | Shakarkandi Ki Kheer
- Rose Sabudana Kheer A Twist On The Classic Recipe
- Quick And Easy Chikoo Kheer Recipe | Sapota Kheer Recipe
- Quick And Easy Rasmalai Trifle Recipe
- Easy Rasmalai Recipe in 10 Minutes
- Easy Gulab Jamun Yogurt Parfaits Recipe | Gulab Jamun Shrikhand Dessert
- Yummy And Easy Rabdi Gulab Jamun Parfait-10 Minutes Dessert Recipe
You May Like To Try Out Other Lauki Recipes
- Lauki Ke Kofte Recipe लौकी के कोफ्ते
- How To Cook Easy Dry Lauki Ki Sabji Recipe
- Tangy Lauki Aloo Ki Sabji Recipe
- Masor Tenga (Assamese Fish Curry) Fish & Lau Recipe
Recipe Name: Lauki Ka Halwa Recipe- Rich And Creamy Indian Dessert
Author: Ranjeeta Nath Ghai
Description: Lauki Ka Halwa Recipe- Rich And Creamy Indian Dessert. There are 2 variations of this recipe. One is by preparing it either with milk & second is using milkmaid
Preperation time: 10M
Cook Time: 30M
Total Time: 40M
Recipe Yield: 4 servings
Recipe Ingredients: 600 grams lauki / bottle gourd, ½ cup ghee / clarified butter, 5 cashew halved , , 5 almond, chopped, 2 tbsp raisins, ½ cup milk, ½ cup sugar as per taste, , For Khoya:, , 1 tsp desi ghee , ¼ cup milk, 100 gram milk powder, full cream, ¼ tsp cardamom powder
Recipe Instructions: Heat the ghee and roast the dry fruits golden brown and keep aside. Add grated lauki and sauté for 5 minutes till the lauki shrinks slightly and changes colour. Add in milk and mix well stirring all the time. Cook for 10 minutes on high flame or on slow flame until the milk thickens and lauki is completely cooked. Now append the sugar and mix well. after you add the sugar keep stirring continuously or it'll stick to the bottom and burn. Sugar melts and keep stirring till it the halwa thickens. Add khoya into lauki mixture. Mix well. Keep stirring the halwa all the while till the mixture thickens and forms a mass. By this time, mouth-watering aromas should be tingling your tastebuds. Add in roasted nuts and ¼ tsp cardamom powder. Mix well. Finally, transfer dudhi halwa / lauki halwa to a bowl and serve hot.
Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Video thumbnail URL:
Ease Of Cooking
User Review( votes)