Affiliate Disclosure: Every purchase made through our affiliate links earns us a pro-rated commission without any additional cost to you. We may earn an affiliate commission if you order any product. Here are more details about our affiliate disclosure.
Kacche Aam Ka Panna Recipe | Aam Panna Recipe | Kairi Panha Recipe | Mango Panna Drink
This Kacche Aam Ka Panna Recipe is a refreshing Indian beverage made with raw and sour mangoes and other flavors to add additional flavors.
Due to its heat-resistant characteristics, it is made and served during the summer season in western and central India.
This beverage is typically served chilled with ice cubes toppings, but can also be served with tap water.
The ingredients required for making aam panna are: 2 cups of chopped and peeled raw mangoes, 1 cup sugar or jaggery, 1/2 tsp black salt, 1-2 green cardamom pods (optional), 1/4 tsp cumin powder and 2 cups water. To make the drink, take a blender and add all the ingredients to it. blend to a smooth puree.
Strain the mixture and collect the strained liquid in a glass jar or container. cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or till chilled. serve cold garnished with some chopped raw mango pieces, a mint sprig, and/or lemon wedges, if desired.
Aam Panna can also be made by cooking the mangoes with sugar and water on a medium flame for approximately 10-12 minutes till the mangoes are cooked and the sugar has dissolved. Then follow the same blending, straining, and chilling steps as mentioned above.
This drink is an excellent way to hydrate and cool down during the hot summer months. Moreover, it protects you from ‘Loo’ (westerly hot winds.) it is healthy, refreshing, and flavorful. so enjoy a tall glass of this delicious aam panna drink!
After it has been cooked, the skin is peeled and discarded, and the flesh is preserved. A smooth paste is then prepared by mixing the preserved flesh with sugar and salt.
The smooth mango paste is spiced and flavored with cumin, pepper, and an assortment of spices. Now that your mango panna concentrate is ready, you can preserve it for later use.
Using the concentrate makes it easy to prepare the panna drink. Add a tablespoon of concentrate to chilled water and optionally ice cubes. Kairi panha is ready to serve.
Kairi panna or keri pana is another variation of the aam Panna drink made with green mangoes.
The ingredients required and process are the same as mentioned for making aam panna, except for the use of green mangoes in place of raw mangoes.
Green mangoes impart a unique sour and tangy taste to the drink which is really refreshing. So do give this drink a try too!
Mango Panna drink is a refreshing Indian beverage drink recipe made with raw, sour, and tender mangoes and additional spices for additional flavors.
It hails from central and western India and is made during the summer season for its heat-resistant features.
How To Make Kacche Aam Ka Panna Recipe
Typically kacche aam ka panna recipe is served chilled with ice cubes toppings in it, but can be served with matka or room temperature water too.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Servings: 6 glass
Calories: 35 kcal
Author: Ranjeeta Nath Ghai
For Pressure Cooking:
- 1 raw mango
- 2 cup water
- 3 tbsp mint/pudina
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp pepper powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- few ice cubes
- cold water
- Take a pressure cooker, add 1 raw mango and pour 2 cup water.
- Seal the lid and pressure cook for 5 min or til the mango are cooked properly.
- Cool the mixture completely, and peel the skin of mango.
- Also, scrape the pulp of mango if needed ensuring that the skin has separated.
- Add mint, mango pulp and sugar in a blender and blend to smooth paste without adding any water.
- Now add cardamom powder cumin powder, pepper powder and salt.
- Mix well,and ensure that everything is well incorporated. Your aam panna concentrate is now ready.
- To serve, take a tbsp of aam panna concentrate in a tall glass and add a few ice cubes.
- Pour in ice-cold water and mix well.
- Finally, enjoy aam panna garnished with fresh mint leaves.
You May Like to Try Other Thirst Quenchers Recipes
- 10 Best Desi Drinks For Summer | Best Summer Thirst Quenchers
- Shikanji Recipe | How To Make Shikanji Recipe | Shikanjvi Recipe
- Chaanch/Mattha: The Indian Yogurt Drink
- Best Punjabi Sweet Lassi Recipe | Punjabi Lassi 4 Ways – Dry Fruit Lassi, Rose Lassi, Chocolate Lassi
- Best Thandai Recipe | Thandai Masala Paste Recipe | 3 Ways Thandai Mix Recipe
- Best Jal Jeera Recipe | Jal Jira Or Jaljeera Recipe | Jal Jeera Drink Recipe
- How To Make Green Tea Mint Lemonade Recipe
- Best Strawberry Lassi: Immune Boosting Drink
- Rose Cardamom Syrup And 7 Easy Ways To Use It
- Tropical Fruit Ginger Juice Summer Thirst Quencher
- Top 10 Classic Cocktails Recipes And Simple Syrup Recipe
Free Meal Planner And Recipe Organizer
Free Meal Planner Developed by Our Experts Which Will Help You Track Your Calories And Plan Your Meals
Recipe Name: Kacche Aam Ka Panna Recipe
Author: Ranjeeta Nath Ghai
Description: Typically kacche aam ka panna recipe is served chilled with ice cubes toppings in it, but can be served with matka or room temperature water too.
Preperation time: 5M
Cook Time: 15
Total Time: 20M
Type: appetizer, thirst quencher
Recipe Yield: 6 servings
Recipe Ingredients: 1 raw mango, 2 cup water, 3 tbsp mint/pudina, ¼ cup sugar, ½ tsp cardamom powder, ½ tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp pepper powder, ¾ tsp salt, few ice cubes, cold water
Recipe Instructions: Take a pressure cooker, add 1 raw mango and pour 2 cup water. Seal the lid and pressure cook for 5 min or til the mango are cooked properly. Cool the mixture completely, and peel the skin of mango. Also, scrape the pulp of mango if needed ensuring that the skin has separated. Add mint, mango pulp and sugar in a blender and blend to smooth paste without adding any water. Now add cardamom powder cumin powder, pepper powder and salt. Mix well,and ensure that everything is well incorporated. Your aam panna concentrate is now ready. To serve, take a tbsp of aam panna concentrate in a tall glass and add a few ice cubes. Pour in ice-cold water and mix well. Finally, enjoy aam panna garnished with fresh mint leaves.
Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Calories: 35 kcal
Video thumbnail URL:
Ease of Cooking
Availability Of Ingredients
User Review( votes)