Affiliate Disclosure: Every purchase made through our affiliate links earns us a pro-rated commission without any additional cost to you. We may earn an affiliate commission if you order any product. Here are more details about our affiliate disclosure.
Dazzling Blue Lagoon Mocktail Recipe
What if you could make a drink that was quick to make, and refreshing at the same time? This impressive mocktail uses only three ingredients and is sure to impress. You will love its dazzling blue hue and delicious citrus flavor!
Blue Curaçao syrup, a lemon-lime soda, such as Sprite, and lemon juice, are the only three ingredients needed for this drink.
It makes a big difference in the taste if you squeeze your own juice for this drink. Make sure the Sprite and the Curaçao syrup are chilled before mixing.
Blue Curaçao syrup smells and tastes like a clementine orange. Despite being very sweet, it has a mild orange flavor that compliments other ingredients.
Curaçao is a challenging word to pronounce, as it’s most certainly not phonetic! The proper pronunciation is “Cure-ah-Sow” or “Kur-ah-Sow.” Click here to listen to the pronunciation.
The blue in Curaçao liqueur comes from dye, as the spirit is naturally colorless. Also, dye is used to color the syrup.
It is traditional to use a highball glass for a blue lagoon, but many people prefer hurricane glasses or martini glasses. There is no need for ice if the other ingredients are chilled. You can have ice anyway if you like!
Wait until just before serving to mix up the drink after rimming the glasses and squeezing the lemon juice. It’s important to keep the carbonation of Sprite.
If you want to make this into a slushie, make it completely ahead of time and pour it into a lidded glass container. Freeze for 4-6 hours, stirring halfway through. Break up any clumps before serving.
How to Make Blue Lagoon Mocktail
Whether you are making it for kids or adults, this non-alcoholic drink is refreshing and easy to make. Enjoy this blue lagoon mocktail on a hot summer day. Even better, you can make a fun slushy out of it!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 1 drink
Author: Ranjeeta Nath Ghai
- ¼ cup blue Curaçao syrup [Buy at Amazon.com]
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 12 fl oz/360 ml Sprite
- Lemon slice, for garnish
- Ice, optional
- highball glasses
- citrus reamer
- paper straws
- Using a citrus reamer, squeeze out the juice from a fresh lemon.
- Depending on your preference, add two or three ice cubes to the 15-ounce highball glass.
- To make the drink, add the lemon juice and blue Curaçao syrup into the glass.
- Add the Sprite slowly to the rest of the glass and stir gently to combine.
- As a garnish, place a lemon slice on top of the drink and a paper straw. Enjoy immediately.
- The glasses should be rimmed by dipping them in water and then sugar.
- To reduce the need for ice, chill Sprite and blue Curaçao syrup.
- The drink can be turned into a slushie by freezing it in a freezer-friendly container for 4-6 hours. Midway through, stir well. If there are any clumps, break them up with a fork before serving.
- Change up the garnish by using an orange slice or sprig of mint.
You May Like to Try Other Thirst Quenchers Recipes
- 10 Best Desi Drinks For Summer | Best Summer Thirst Quenchers
- Kacche Aam Ka Panna Recipe | Aam Panna Recipe | Kairi Panha Recipe | Mango Panna Drink
- Shikanji Recipe | How To Make Shikanji Recipe | Shikanjvi Recipe
- Chaanch/Mattha: The Indian Yogurt Drink
- Best Punjabi Sweet Lassi Recipe | Punjabi Lassi 4 Ways – Dry Fruit Lassi, Rose Lassi, Chocolate Lassi
- Best Thandai Recipe | Thandai Masala Paste Recipe | 3 Ways Thandai Mix Recipe
- Best Jal Jeera Recipe | Jal Jira Or Jaljeera Recipe | Jal Jeera Drink Recipe
- How To Make Green Tea Mint Lemonade Recipe
- Best Strawberry Lassi: Immune Boosting Drink
- Rose Cardamom Syrup And 7 Easy Ways To Use It
- Tropical Fruit Ginger Juice Summer Thirst Quencher
- Top 10 Classic Cocktails Recipes And Simple Syrup Recipe
- 10 Best Mocktail Recipes To Beat The Summer Heat
- How To Make Grenadine Syrup
- Healthy Kashmiri Kahwa Tea For Immunity And Weight Loss