Affiliate Disclosure: Every purchase made through our affiliate links earns us a pro-rated commission without any additional cost to you. Here are more details about our affiliate disclosure.
How To Make Green Tea Mint Lemonade Recipe
My son loves to drink ice tea. I am more of a tea lover than coffee and my father loved lemonade.
That is why he planted 3 lemon trees on my lawn where we are blessed with loads of sunshine and natural light!
So with a Lemon Tree in my backyard and 2 in my lawn, Green Tea Mint Lemonade should not come as a surprise for you.
Besides curry leaves lemons are one of my favorite flavors, so I like to put them in everything I cook. This includes smoothies, curries, and desserts.
Therefore, you can just imagine my excitement when my son prepared Green Tea Mint Lemonade for us and combined a little of everyone’s passion.
Savoring a delicious cup of tea in the morning is part of my morning ritual. It could be green tea, masala tea, Darjeeling tea.
I used to drink a lot of lemon iced tea before I became hooked on green tea. Green tea, however, elevates the flavor to another level. Drinking the green tea lemonade all day was a pleasant way to spend the day.
It was a great way to stay hydrated and cool down in Delhi summers where the temp can soar to 43.6° Celsius.
I blended in a few mint leaves with ginger and froze them into ice cubes, instead of adding just fresh mint leaves.
As opposed to plain ice cubes, which tend to dilute the lemonade flavor, the lemonade flavor was released slowly and the taste persisted with every sip I took.
It is important that you do not steep the green tea for more than 5 minutes when making this lemonade or else it will taste bitter.
Additionally, I allow the green tea to cool a bit before adding fresh lemon juice and mint ice cubes.
How To Make Green Tea Mint Lemonade
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 10 mins
Servings: 4 glass
Author: Ranjeeta Nath Ghai
Ingredients Required For…
…The Mint Cubes
- 1 cup water
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 lemons/ lime juice
- 4 cups water
- 2 green tea bags
- 2 tbsp honey
- fresh mint leaves
- a few slices of lemon
Instructions For Making The Mint Cubes
- Water and mint should be blended together.
- Pour the water and mint blend into an ice cube tray after straining.
- Set the tray in the freezer to set.
Instructions For Making The Green Tea Lemonade
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a pot.
- Drop the tea bags into the pot after turning off the heat.
- Let it steep for 3 minutes. Then, discard the tea bags.
- Fill a pitcher with cooled green tea and add the freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Pour in 2 cups of cold water in the pitcher and drizzle with honey. Stir well and taste for sweetness.
- You can drizzle more honey if you prefer it sweeter.
- Slice a few lemons and add a few mint leaves to the pitcher.
- Serve with mint ice cubes.
You May Like to Try Other Thirst Quenchers Recipes
- 10 Best Desi Drinks For Summer | Best Summer Thirst Quenchers
- Kacche Aam Ka Panna Recipe | Aam Panna Recipe | Kairi Panha Recipe | Mango Panna Drink
- Shikanji Recipe | How To Make Shikanji Recipe | Shikanjvi Recipe
- Chaanch/Mattha: The Indian Yogurt Drink
- Best Punjabi Sweet Lassi Recipe | Punjabi Lassi 4 Ways – Dry Fruit Lassi, Rose Lassi, Chocolate Lassi
- Best Thandai Recipe | Thandai Masala Paste Recipe | 3 Ways Thandai Mix Recipe
- Best Jal Jeera Recipe | Jal Jira Or Jaljeera Recipe | Jal Jeera Drink Recipe
- est Strawberry Lassi: Immune Boosting Drink
- Rose Cardamom Syrup And 7 Easy Ways To Use It
- Tropical Fruit Ginger Juice Summer Thirst Quencher
- Top 10 Classic Cocktails Recipes And Simple Syrup Recipe
Recipe Name: How To Make Green Tea Mint Lemonade Recipe
Author: Ranjeeta Nath Ghai
Description: Green Tea Mint Lemonade Recipe is a great way to stay hydrated and cool down in Delhi summers where the temp can soar to 43.6° Celsius.
Preperation time: 5M
Cook Time: 5M
Total Time: 10M
Type: appetizer, thirst quencher
Recipe Yield: 4 glasses
Recipe Ingredients: 2 lemons, 4 cups water, 2 green tea bags, 2 tbsp honey, fresh mint leaves, a few slices of lemon
Recipe Instructions: Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a pot. Drop the tea bags into the pot after turning off the heat. Let it steep for 3 minutes. Then, discard the tea bags. Fill a pitcher with cooled green tea and add the freshly squeezed lemon juice. Pour in 2 cups of cold water in the pitcher and drizzle with honey. Stir well and taste for sweetness. You can drizzle more honey if you prefer it sweeter. Slice a few lemons and add a few mint leaves to the pitcher. Serve with mint ice cubes.
Recipe Cuisine: Global
Video thumbnail URL:
Ease of Cooking
Availability Of Ingredients
User Review( votes)