Affiliate Disclosure: Every purchase made through our affiliate links earns us a pro-rated commission without any additional cost to you. We may earn an affiliate commission if you order any product. Here are more details about our affiliate disclosure.
Sev Tomato Curry – Sev Tamatar Ki Sabji – Sev Tameta Nu Shaak
Sev tomato curry is liked and relished by many people. This vegetarian dish is especially in demand in hotels, restaurants or dhabas in the western belt of India.
The taste of sev tomato curry made at Dhaba increases the taste of the food manifold.
I had visited Vadodara (Gujarat), and this was a delicacy served on most of the menus that I ate there. I had eaten this even in Rajasthan when my husband was posted there.
Being in the Army, we had the privilege of tasting different cuisines and specialities of the chefs of the native places.
Many people try to make Dhaba-like sev tomato sabzi at home too, but they do not get the same taste.
If you also like Dhaba’s sev tomato curry and want to get the same taste at your home, then we are telling you an easy recipe to make it, with the help of which you can make delicious sev-tomato in no time.
Mainly sev, tomato and spices are used to make sev tomato curry. Mainly we use Ratlami Sev to cook Sev Tameta Nu Shaak.
Indore’s famous Ratlami Sev is Crispy, Crunchy, and Medium Spicy. The speciality of this recipe is that people of all age groups like it. It can be eaten for lunch or dinner at any time.
How To Make Sev Tamatar Ki Sabji
Prep Time: 15 m
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 30m
Calories: 220-230 cal
Author: Ranjeeta Nath Ghai
Ingredients for Sev Tomato Curry
- 1 bowl – Ratlami Sev
- 2 – Tomato
- 2 tsp- Curd
- ½ bowl- Tomato puree
- 1 tsp- Ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tsp- Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp- Coriander powder
- ½ tsp- Cumin powder
- ½ tsp- Garam masala
- 1 tsp- Kasuri methi (fenugreek leaves dried)
- ½ tsp- Turmeric
- ½ tsp- Rai
- ½ tsp- Whole cumin seeds
- 1 pinch- Hing (Asafoetida)
- 2 tbsp- Green coriander chopped
- 2 tbsp- Oil
- salt – as per taste
How To Make Sev Tomato Curry
- To make sev-tomato curry, first take tomatoes and wash them in clean water, wipe them with a dry cotton cloth and cut them into fine pieces using a chopper.
- Now take a bowl and add red chili powder, coriander-cumin powder and turmeric to it and mix them all.
- Prepare a paste of these spices by adding 2 spoons of water to it.
- Now put oil in a pan and keep it on medium flame to heat.
- When the oil becomes hot, put mustard seeds and cumin seeds in it and let them crackle for a few seconds.
- After this, add a pinch of asafoetida in it and mix it with a ladle.
- Now put the prepared spice paste in it and let it cook for some time while stirring.
- After some time, add finely chopped tomatoes to the spices and add salt as per taste; cover the pan and let the mixture cook.
- When the tomatoes become soft, add tomato puree to the mixture and mix well.
- After this, add curd to the gravy and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- After some time of cooking, the gravy will start leaving oil. When this happens, add Kasuri fenugreek after mashing it with your hands.
- Then add garam masala and half a cup of water and cook the gravy.
- Cook once again till the gravy starts separating from the oil.
- After this, add sev to it and mix it with a ladle. Then cover the pan and let it cook for a while.
- When the sev becomes soft in a while, turn off the gas. Your delicious dhaba-style sev-tomato curry is ready.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve it with paratha, naan or roti.
You Might Want To Try Some More Indian Main Course Recipes
- How To Make Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe With Video
- How To Cook Aloo Paneer Ka Kofta For Fasting Or Snack
- Spice up Your Indian Cuisine Delicious Dum Aloo Recipe Restaurant Style
- How To Make Restaurant-Style Best Matar Paneer Recipe
- How To Cook Rich And Creamy Restaurant Style Dal Makhani
- How to Make Badami Paneer Masala
- How to Make Punjabi Rajma Curry
- Aloo Tamatar Ki Sabji And Poori: Best Indian Breakfast Recipes
- Poori Recipe For Making Soft Puffy Poori (2 variations)
- Lauki Ke Kofte Recipe लौकी के कोफ्ते
- Matar Nimona Recipe | Matar Ka Nimona | Green Peas Curry
- Easy Surti Undhiyu Recipe Gujarati Style | Undhiya Recipe | Oondhiya
- Best Kashmiri Masala Soya Chap Recipe
- Best Jackfruit Biryani Recipe | Kathal Biryani Recipe | Jackfruit Biryani Recipe
- FoodallTime Easy Masala Basmati Rice Recipe
- 10 Common Mistakes To Avoid While Making A Dosa
Ratlami Sev 189
Product Name: Ratlami Sev
Product Description: Shree Namkeen | Ratlami Sev - Indore's Famous, Crispy & Crunchy, Medium Spicy | 400gm.
Brand: Shree Namkeen Store
Offer price: 189
Value for money
User Review( votes)