Affiliate Disclosure: Every purchase made through our affiliate links earns us a pro-rated commission without any additional cost to you. We may earn an affiliate commission if you order any product. Here are more details about our affiliate disclosure.
How To Clean Cast Iron Cookware?
If so, you did an excellent job! Have you ever burned your pan or Kadai instead of cooking tasty food?
No worries if you did. You are not the only one who experiences this.
I have faced the same issues while cooking, but these accidents are now pretty much reduced with my cast iron cookware.
We’ll guide you through the basic steps of cleaning and seasoning your cast iron cookware.
Cleaning Cast Iron Cookware
Cast iron products from The Indus Valley, Meyer, Vinod Legacy, and Lodge, are entirely hand-seasoned. The products can be washed and used immediately. Cast iron cookware can be cleaned in the following ways:
- Kadai or pan should be cleaned with water and a soft sponge.
- The food remains can be washed off with dishwashing liquid.
- Dry the cookware completely once it has been cleaned.
Cast iron products should always be wiped dry before storing. Make sure you don’t leave the cookware inside the sink for too long. Iron does not rust as a result of this.
How to Season Cast Iron Cookware?
You can use all your ‘The Indus Valley’ products immediately after they are pre-seasoned. You can re-season the product by following these steps:
- Prepare the cookware by washing and patting it dry. (Alternatively, you can heat on the stove to remove any water.)
- Apply cooking oil to all surfaces once it has dried. After the product has been heated under medium flame for 4-5 minutes, remove it from the heat.
- Let the product cool down completely.
- Once it is done, use a soft cloth or tissue to wipe away the excess oil.
- Store the product in a dry place.
How To Clean Cast Iron Cookware: Conclusion
If you have just started cooking in cast iron or planning to do so, then go through the following tips that will help you in taking good care of your new cookware:
1. Seasoning is the key: The first and the most important step in taking care of your ‘The Indus Valley’ cast iron cookware is to season it properly. Seasoning not only makes the surface smooth, but also prevents it from rusting. For seasoning, all you need to do is heat the pan or Kadai on medium flame and rub some vegetable oil all over its surface. Once the oil starts smoking, turn off the flame and let the cookware cool down completely. Repeat this process at least 3-4 times before using it for cooking.
2. Avoid using harsh cleaning agents: Avoid using harsh cleaning agents or detergent to wash your cast iron cookware as it can strip off the seasoning from its surface. Instead, rinse it with hot water and scrub it gently with a brush or sponge suing dishwasher liquid. If there is any stubborn food stuck on the surface, then you can use some salt to scrub it off.
3. Don’t let it dry: Once you have washed your cast iron cookware, make sure to dry it completely before storing it. If you leave it wet, then there are chances of rust formation.
4. Store in a cool and dry place: After drying your cast iron cookware, store it in a cool and dry place. Do not keep it in the damp kitchen cabinets as moisture can lead to rusting.
5. Oil it regularly: It is important to oil your cast iron cookware regularly to maintain its seasoning. When you use it for cooking, rub some oil on its surface before and after cooking. This will not only keep the surface non-sticky but also prevent it from rusting.
By following the above tips, you can easily maintain your cast iron cookware and make it last for a long time.
You Might Like To Read Other Related Articles
- How To Use Best Seasoned Cast Iron Tawa | Iron Dosa Tawa- A Complete Guide
- Burnt Cast Iron Pan: How To Clean Burnt Cast Iron Pan?
- The Perfect Breakfast: Sunny Side Up on Cast Iron Skillet
- Induction Cookware And Cast Iron Cookware: Why Cast Iron Is The Best Choice For Induction Pan?
- Healthy Cast Iron Tawa For Tasty Food: Does Cooking Food With Cast Iron Help Anaemia?
- How & Where To Buy Cast Iron Cookware?
- 7 Best Cast Iron Skillets on Amazon: Buying Guide
- 10 Best Cast Iron Cookware In India: Buying Guide
- Carbon Steel Vs Cast Iron Pans
Optimizer Set $49.99
Product Name: Culina Cast Iron Soap & Conditioning Oil & Stainless Scrubber & Restoring Scrub
Product Description: Culina Cast Iron Soap & Conditioning Oil & Stainless Scrubber & Restoring Scrub | All Natural Ingredients | Best for Cleaning, Non-stick Cooking & Restoring | for Cast Iron Cookware, Skillets, Pans
Offer price: 49.99
Value for money