Affiliate Disclosure: Every purchase made through our affiliate links earns us a pro-rated commission without any additional cost to you. We may earn an affiliate commission if you order any product. Here are more details about our affiliate disclosure.
Burnt Cast Iron Pan: How To Clean Burnt Cast Iron Pan?
Cookware made from cast iron is a perfect antique piece for your kitchen. We can prepare distinctive foods with their help and they do a great job cooking.
Nevertheless, they require some special care when cleaning so that they can be seasoned. Removing burnt food from a pan is easy if we follow certain steps.
The main aim of this post is to guide you on how to clean a burnt cast iron pan.
Water should be poured over it first. Scrub the iron Kadai with mild dishwashing soap if you can’t clean it with water.
After you have washed it with water and wiped it off with a paper towel or soft cloth, apply oil to give it a greasy layer.
Removing burnt food may vary with time, but it has to be appropriately and pre-cautiously handled.
When your food is burning, switch off the stove immediately, apply 1-2 spoons of oil to clean the food, and keep it at room temperature.
In the case of a recently burnt skillet, you can use any cooking oil that gives instant results.
Thoroughly Burnt Skillet
The burnt skillet needs more cleaning work than that of oil if left over for a longer period.
A cast iron skillet that has been badly burned or left over for a long time will require more cleaning work than one that has only been oiled.
- This can be accomplished by applying rock salt or baking soda to the affected area.
- Remove the stuck food particles from the pan by scrubbing it thoroughly with a paper towel or soft cloth.
- After that, give it a mild rinse to remove any leftover salt or baking soda.
Cleaning By Boiling
Boiling food can be used to clean food that has been left on the pan for a long time or has been burnt for a long time.
It needs to be heated with water in order to do this.
- Put the skillet on the stove under a medium flame until the water gets simmering and boiling.
- Remove the burnt food from the pan using a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Before storing it, remove the water and let it dry.
- Once the pan has been cleaned, it should be dried to prevent rusting.
Alternatively, you can use it on a stove by wiping off the excess water with a dry cloth or paper towel.
Once it is completely dry, put it on the stove and heat it under medium flame for 10 minutes.
Before oiling or storing an iron Tawa, ensure that it is completely dry.
Removing Burnt Foods From Cast Iron Pan: Summary
Removing burnt on foods from the cast iron pan is quite challenging when it is postponed for a longer period.
When you come to know that your cast iron pan is burnt, immediately switch off the stove.
Try to clean it immediately before the heat gets chilled off so that it can be cleaned and seasoned easily.
The same method applies to all cast iron cookware like cast iron Kadai, cast iron skillets, cast iron dutch ovens or cast iron dosa tawa.
I hope now you would have found an answer on how to clean burnt cast iron cookware. Thank you.
You Might Like To Read Other Related Articles
- How To Use Best Seasoned Cast Iron Tawa | Iron Dosa Tawa- A Complete Guide
- How To Clean Cast Iron Cookware?
- Burnt Cast Iron Pan: How To Clean Burnt Cast Iron Pan?
- The Perfect Breakfast: Sunny Side Up on Cast Iron Skillet
- Induction Cookware And Cast Iron Cookware: Why Cast Iron Is The Best Choice For Induction Pan?
- Healthy Cast Iron Tawa For Tasty Food: Does Cooking Food With Cast Iron Help Anaemia?
- How & Where To Buy Cast Iron Cookware?
- 7 Best Cast Iron Skillets on Amazon: Buying Guide
- 10 Best Cast Iron Cookware In India: Buying Guide
- Carbon Steel Vs Cast Iron Pans
Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Kadai $85.00
Product Name: Vinod Legacy Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Kadai
Product Description: Vinod Legacy Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Kadai / Kadhai with Glass Lid of 26 cm Diameter (4.3 litres Capacity) for Cooking and Deep Frying, Loha Kadai, Non Toxic, Enamel Free, Coating Free - Black, 1 Pc
Brand: Vinod Legacy
Offer price: 85.00
Easy to clean
Finishing of the kadai