Affiliate Disclosure: Every purchase made through our affiliate links earns us a pro-rated commission without any additional cost to you. We may earn an affiliate commission if you order any product. Here are more details about our affiliate disclosure.
How To Bake Easy Almond Butter Cookies Recipe
Almond Butter Cookies are buttery, crunchy, and chewy at the same time. A few pantry staples are all you require to make these melt-in-your-mouth cookies. This is how you make it.
For your tea time snacks, here are some more Cookie Recipes – Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies With Swirls, Easy Oreo Cookies Stuffed Chocolate Chip Muffins, Peanut Butter Cookies-Peanut Butter Cup Cookies, Easy Kesar Pista Shortbread Cookies
Rather than cut-out sugar cookies, these Crispy Almond Butter Cookies are crunchy and full of flavor, just like old-fashioned sugar cookies. A breeze to make Almond Butter Cookies, these are bursting with addictive almond flavor.
You can serve these almond butter cookies as a snack or dessert. You’ll be eating these all day long, because they’re so addictive.
Make a sweet gift out of these crunchy cookies! Serve them as a snack or as a snack!
A sweet almond glaze or almond slices can be topped on these. With almond slices on top, the cookies not only look pretty but also taste delicious and are crunchy.
Special occasions and festivals are perfect times to give these Almond Cookies.
It is possible to bake them in advance and give them as gifts to family and friends. Food makes the perfect gift, don’t you think?
How To Bake Almond Butter Cookies Recipe
Almond Cookies are the perfect treat for Christmas because they are buttery, crunchy, and chewy at the same time. Make these at home with the easy recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Servings: 40 cookies
Author: Ranjeeta Nath Ghai
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter (Softened)
- 1 cup Brown Sugar (Packed) [Click To Buy]
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract [Click To Buy]
- ½ tsp Almond Extract [Click To Buy]
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour (maida) [Click To Buy]
- ½ tsp Baking Powder [Click To Buy]
- 1 cup Almonds (slivered) [Click To Buy]
- Ensure that the oven is preheated to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Prepare a baking tray by lining it with parchment paper.
- Combine butter and sugar in a bowl and whisk until light and fluffy.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, almond extract, and vanilla extract.
- Then add the flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Fold in the slivered almonds.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon dough and make a ball.
- Gently press the ball with your palms.
- Arrange the cookies on the baking sheer keeping a distance of 1 inch between each cookie.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the edges are browned.
- Transfer the cookies on a wire rack and let them cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for upto a week.
Pro Tips To Bake Easy Almond Butter Cookies
- Make sure your flour is measured correctly! Use standard measurement instruments like me. Adding more flour will result in dry and crumbly cookies.
- Room temperature is the ideal temperature for butter. Remove it from the refrigerator 20 minutes beforeprior to using it. Your finger should make an indentation when you press it against the butter and NOT go through it.
- Simply cut your butter into thin slices and heat them for about 5 seconds on high if it isn’t softened.
- Mix the ingredients while scraping the sides of the bowl.
- If you want to add more almond flavor to the cookies, top them with more almonds.
- In order to make Gluten-Free Almond cookies, you can either use Almond meal or substitute gluten-free flour for all-purpose flour. Other than that, the recipe remains the same.
- Sifting dry ingredients before adding them to the cookie batter is not necessary, but it is always a good idea. In this way, lumps won’t mix into the batter.
- These Almond Cookies can be made eggless by substituting yogurt, unsweetened apple sauce, mashed bananas, ground flax seeds, commercial egg replacer, or silken tofu.
- However, depending on the substitute used, the taste and texture may differ.
- If you want to make vegan Almond Cookies, you can substitute vegetable oil for unsalted butter, apple sauce for unsalted butter, flax seeds for eggs, and mashed bananas for eggs.
- An almond glaze can be drizzled over the cookies once they have cooled completely. This will intensify the almond flavor. You can make a thick yet flowy glaze by mixing 1 cup sugar, ½ teaspoon almond extract, and a little water. Once the cookies have cooled, pour the glaze over them. Amaretto can also be substituted for water.
- These cookies can be easily stored at room temperature for about a week in an airtight container. It is possible to freeze these as well.
- Freeze any leftover cookies you have at home. Let these cookies come to room temperature after baking. After they are done, they can be frozen in an airtight container or freezer ziplock bag for about 2 to 3 months. Remember to thaw these frozen cookies before eating them again.
- The cookie dough can additionally be frozen for up to one month. Cookies can be made fresh after they have been thawed.
- You can press the cookies flatter to make them even more crunchy.
- Make an eggless version of these cookies by skip adding the eggs and instead add 2 tablespoon yogurt.
- Measure your flour correctly! If you add in more flour, your cookies might not turn out great, as they will be dry and crumbly.
- Butter should be at room temperature. Keep it out of the refrigerator 20 minutes prior to using it. If you press your finger in the butter, it should make an indentation. The finger should not go through it.
- If your butter is not softened, just cut it into thin slices and place them in the microwave, and heat for about 5 seconds on high.
- While mixing the ingredients, scrape the sides of the bowl.
- For an added Almond flavor, do not forget to top the cookies with more almonds.
Recipe Name: Almond Butter Cookies Recipe
Author: Ranjeeta Nath Ghai
Description: Almond Cookies are the perfect treat for Christmas because they are buttery, crunchy, and chewy at the same time. Make these at home with the easy recipe.
Preperation time: 10M
Cook Time: 1H
Total Time: 1H10M
Recipe Yield: 40 cookies
Recipe Ingredients: 1 cup Unsalted Butter (Softened), 1 cup Brown Sugar (Packed), 2 Eggs, 2 tsp Vanilla Extract, ½ tsp Almond Extract, 2 cups All Purpose Flour (maida), ½ tsp Baking Powder, 1 cup Almonds (slivered)
Recipe Instructions: Ensure that the oven is preheated to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Prepare a baking tray by lining it with parchment paper. Combine butter and sugar in a bowl and whisk until light and fluffy. In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, almond extract, and vanilla extract. Then add the flour and baking powder and mix well. Fold in the slivered almonds. Scoop out 1 tablespoon dough and make a ball. Gently press the ball with your palms. Arrange the cookies on the baking sheer keeping a distance of 1 inch between each cookie. Bake for 12-15 minutes until the edges are browned. Transfer the cookies on a wire rack and let them cool completely. Store in an airtight container for upto a week.
Recipe Cuisine: Global
Video thumbnail URL:
Ease of Cooking
Availibiliy of Ingredients