Affiliate Disclosure: Every purchase made through our affiliate links earns us a pro-rated commission without any additional cost to you. We may earn an affiliate commission if you order any product. Here are more details about our affiliate disclosure.
Best Homemade Protein Powder Recipe
There are a few unique ways that you can make protein powder at home, but the most common method is to simply blend together some high-protein foods.
This will create a powder that is high in protein and also contains some healthy carbohydrates and fats. You can then use this powder in smoothies, baking recipes, or even just to add extra protein to your diet.
Alternatively, if you want a larger batch of protein powder, you can also blend together multiple high-protein foods and then store the powder in a container for future use.
Common Ingredients That You Can Use To Make Protein Powder
Here are some common ingredients that you can use to make protein powder at home:
1. Nuts and seeds: Nuts and seeds are a wonderful source of protein, healthy fats, and minerals. Almonds, cashews, pistachios, and pumpkin seeds are all great options.
2. Nut butter: Nut butter is another great way to add protein, healthy fats, and vitamins to your powder. You can use any variety of nut butter, but almond butter or peanut butter are both good choices.
3. Protein powder: If you want to add even more protein to your powder, you can add some protein powder to the mix. This will also help thicken the powder and make it easier to blend.
4. Dried fruit: Dried fruit is a great way to add sweetness and flavor to your powder. You can use any type of dried fruit, but raisins, dates, and apricots are all good choices.
5. Cocoa powder: Cocoa powder is a fantastic way to add flavor and antioxidants to your powder. Cocoa powder of any type can be used, but dark chocolate cocoa powder is the best choice.
6. Spices: Spices are a great way to add flavor and depth to your powder. Cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger are all great choices.
7. Sweetener: You can use any type of sweetener that you like in your powder. honey, agave nectar, or stevia are all good choices.
8. Milk: Milk is a great way to add protein, calcium, and other nutrients to your powder. If you want to use milk, you can use whatever you like, but almond milk or coconut milk are both good choices.
9. Water: Water is the best way to thin out your powder and make it easier to drink. You can also add water to your powder if you find that it is too thick.
How To Make Protein Powder At Home?
Adults who exercise moderately should consume 1g of protein per kilogram of body weight.
People who lead sedentary lives will have a score of .8, while active people will have a score of .9 or higher. Therefore, the ideal protein intake depends on the individual’s lifestyle.
The thought of making protein powder at home came to my mind as I hate the ones found on the market shelves. I feel puckish after drinking them, and I am never sure of what they all add.
I have tried many, and each time I ended up cursing myself for expecting it to be different. So, I ended up researching this, and with my food and nutrition experience, I went out to find a moderate recipe that is practical and nutritious.
Homemade Protein Powder Recipe
This is a recipe curated to meet your protein needs when you are on a diet. You can also use it for the KETO DIET plan.
Prep Time: 6 minutes
Cook Time: 4 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 3 people
Author: Ranjeeta Nath Ghai
1 tbsp Ghee/nut butter
- ½ cup Almonds
- ½ cup Walnuts
- ½ cup Pistachios
- ½ cup Cashews
- ½ cup brazil nuts
- ½ cup Hazelnuts
- 3 tbsp Sunflower Seeds
- 3 tbsp Melon Seeds
- 3 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 3 tbsp Flax Seeds
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- ½ tsp Green Cardamom
- 2 pinch Saffron (optional)
- ½ roll Cinnamon (optional)
- 1 nutmeg (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
- Take the nuts, and seeds. Roast them in ghee or nut butter.
- De-seed the dry fruits and chop them
- Add the nuts, seeds and dry fruits to a blender. Blend into a fine powder.
- Add the spices and blend twice. Your protein powder is ready.
- Store it in an airtight container and drink it with milk or water.
- You may alternate between cinnamon, cardamom and nutmeg to make different flavours.
- You can also add two flavours together to make it more favourable. But I recommend only one flavour at a time.
- You can also use cocoa/coffee for flavouring. But be careful with the quantity. We don’t want a bitter protein shake. Do we?
- You can add more nuts if needed just adjust the quantity likewise.
To ensure a balanced protein powder, nuts like almonds, pistachios, and walnuts. Cashew etc, is an inevitable part.
Hence if you have a nut allergy, you might not be able to consume this. So, here we go with protein powder recipes at home.
In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. Store in a container for future use.
If you desire to make a larger batch of protein powder, you can blend together multiple high-protein foods and then store the powder in a container for future use.
Your diet can be supplemented with extra protein by using protein powder. Getting all the nutrients, you need in one place is also convenient and easy.
You May Like to Try Other Diet Plans
- Smart Nutrition From The Start
- 16 Intelligent Eating Habits For Weight Loss
- 6 Super Ways to Fight Sugar Cravings
- Diet Chart Of Ketogenic Diet For Weight Loss (4 Weeks) Indian Version
- Vegetarian Keto Diet | Vegan Keto Diet
- Keto Weight Loss Diet Plan Week-2
- No Carbs Diet Plan For 2 Weeks
- 15 Secrets of Appetite Suppressants Busted
- 10 Best Diet Plans For Women Over 30
- Yoga For Weight Loss For Beginners
- Everything You Need to Know About Vitamins – A, C, D, E, K and B Complex with Infographic
- Food to Eat and Food To Be Avoided In Low-Carb Diet