Affiliate Disclosure: Every purchase made through our affiliate links earns us a pro-rated commission without any additional cost to you. We may earn an affiliate commission if you order any product. Here are more details about our affiliate disclosure.
How to Brew Exotically Scented Jasmine Tea at Home
Homemade jasmine tea is exotically scented, sensually delicious, and simple to make. Using this DIY tea preparation, you can save money and “tea” like a king or queen.
I had gone to dine at “The Oberoi“, New Delhi and there, at the suggestion of the chef, I had Jasmine tea. I absolutely loved it and had the whole kettle of it while dining.
Surprisingly my husband also loved it and had two cups. He never has tea and runs miles away at the mention of tea.
That is when I decided that I have to learn to make it, and then I tried various combos to make it. I initially bought the Sancha Tea Boutique Jasmine Green Tea from Amazon, but then it was getting to be a costly affair.
So I decided to make it at home. Occasionally, I indulge in one of these selections, i.e. jasmine tea or Kashmiri Kahwa.
Jasmine Tea has been my particular favourite. The good news is that jasmine tea can also be made at home, and I’m sharing the recipe with you.
Jasmine tea tastes of exoticness. You can use green tea with Night Blooming Jasmine Flowers to prepare it.
This Tea is an exotic blend of green tea with Jasmin flowers which is very good for digestion and boosts immunity.
Despite how exotic it may sound, jasmine tea is simply green or black tea (Camellia sinensis) flavored with jasmine flowers.
For this scented tea, I prefer Rooibos green tea from Mountain Rose Herbs or Darjeeling tea.
In order to make this tea, layer tea and fresh jasmine flowers in a container, add a weight of some kind, press, and allow the aroma to infuse the tea for at least 24 hours.
It is best to choose a specific species of Jasminum to scent your tea, such as J. officinale, J. sambac, or J. polyanthum.
Whenever possible, pick these flowers when the dew is dry, or when they have just opened. My method involves dropping them directly onto a layer of tea in a large, wide-mouthed jar.
You can do this endlessly while jasmine is in bloom, constantly sandwiching the blossoms between layers of tea.
You should pluck from plants like these once they have been established in your own garden, free from sprays and/or chemical fertilizers; avoid plucking from new nursery stock as they are likely to be contaminated.
NOTE: Avoid star jasmine (Trachelospermum jasminoides) and Carolina jessamine (Gelsemium sempervirens), which are toxic and not exotic.
A cup of this sensually scented tea perfectly accompanies hours spent reading a book or planning a romantic getaway. You could also celebrate the fact that you survived another day without facing stress if you’re like me.
Jasmine Tea Recipe
You can easily make jasmine tea yourself at home, and it is exotically scented, sensually delicious, and delicious. This DIY preparation saves you money & allows you to “tea” like royalty.
- green tea or black tea
- freshly plucked jasmine flowers
- Place a layer of black or green tea in the bottom of a large jar.
- Fresh jasmine flowers should be placed over the tea.
- On top of this layer of tea, add another layer. If desired, repeat as jasmine blooms. Note: I use ¼ cup of tea, and just enough jasmine flowers to fill in the tea, then add the 2nd tea layer of ¼ cup.
- The tea should be topped with a can or a small weight. Put the lid on tightly.
- Infuse the tea with jasmine flowers for at least 24 hours, up to several weeks and remove weight. The dried jasmine flowers can be left in the tea. Be sure to store it in a cool, dark place.
Preparing The Tea
- The tea is prepared by steeping a heaping teaspoon in eight to ten ounces of water just off the boil for about ten minutes.
- Infuse for 5-7 minutes, strain and serve.
You May Like to Read
- Benefits of Green Coffee for Weight Loss for Healthy Living
- 8 Herbal Tea Benefits For A Healthy Lifestyle
- 9 Benefits of Drinking Black Tea And Side Effects: Everything You Need To Know!
- Types of Tea: 6 Different Popular Variety of Tea
- 10 Different Types of Herbal Tea For Healthy Living
- Green Tea Benefits, Uses and Side Effects
Exotic Tea ₹1,249
Product Name: Sancha Tea Boutique Beauty Tea Bundle, Happy hair Tea/Glowing Beauty tea/Sleeping Beauty tea, 100% Biodegradable Tea Bags, Tea Assortment, Value Pack
Product Description: Assorted Tea Bundle & Variety Pack with Real Herbs & Spices that boost Immunity
Brand: SAN-CHA Store
Offer price: 1,249
Value for money
User Review( votes)