Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
How To Cook Butter Chicken | Butter Chicken Recipe
How To Cook Butter Chicken | Butter Chicken Recipe? Confused…. now you need not be. We at FoodAllTime now bring to you your favourite dish cooked in the simplest way with a low-fat recipe.
“Chicken Makhani/Murg Makhani/Butter Chicken is one of the favourite Indian dishes in my household. Butter Chicken! The name alone can make anyone want to enjoy this ever-so-popular Indian dish.
Butter Chicken continues to be hit amongst Indians and foreigners alike, especially those who want a taste of Indian cuisine. Every time my son comes back home from the hostel for a month there is a tussle between my dear hubby and son regarding Chicken Biryani and Butter Chicken. Then to call peace I have to make both alternatively.
In fact, when my nephew comes to India he also only wants to eat Butter Chicken and nothing else. It is a full flavoured dish that complements the chicken well.
Butter Chicken can be made as mild or spicy as you wish by adjusting the spices. Marinated overnight, the chicken is cooked in tomato puree, cream and masalas.
A perfect dinner party is incomplete without the recipe Chicken Makhani/Murg Makhani/Butter Chicken. This North-Indian style chicken recipe is made throughout the country with equal zest.
Serve with basmati rice/parantha/lachcha parantha/tandoori roti or naan bread.”
Printable Recipe Of How To Cook Butter Chicken
Chicken Makhani | Murg Makahni | Butter Chicken
Butter Chicken continues to be hit amongst Indians and foreigners alike. It can be made as mild or spicy as you wish by adjusting the spices. A perfect dinner party is incomplete without the recipe Chicken Makhani/Murg Makhani/Butter Chicken. This North-Indian style chicken recipe is made throughout the country with equal zest.
Ingredients of Butter Chicken
- 700 gm Raw Chicken
For The Marinade:
- 2 tsp Multipurpose Healthy Green Paste
- ½ cup curd
- 8-10 leaves Mint/Pudina
For The Gravy:
- 2 tsp Olive Oil extra virgin
- 2-3 leaves bay leaf
- 2-3 medium onions grated
- 5-6 medium tomatoes grated/Pureed
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp foodalltime garam masala
- 2 tsp Multipurpose Healthy Green Paste
- 2-4 pieces cashews(optional) (it adds some major creaminess to the sauce)
- 3 tsp khus-khus/poppy seeds
- 2 tsp Fenugreek leaves/Kasuri Methi (crushed)
- 2-3 tsp Red Chilli Powder(everest Kashmiri Lal)
- ½ tsp turmeric/haldi
- 1 tsp salt(or as per taste)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp coriander
- 2tbsp tbsp Fenugreek leaves/Kasuri Methi (crushed)
Heat 2 tsp oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add bay leaf.
Sauté onions with foodalltime garam masala until soft, golden and translucent.
Add tomato puree and Multipurpose Healthy Green Paste, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
Season with salt, pepper, foodalltime garam masala, cashews, khus-khus/poppy seeds and turmeric/haldi.
Add the marinated chicken. Cover with lid and allow to cook. Keep stirring gently after every 5 mins.
After about 15 mins, when the oil leaves the gravy, consider the Butter Chicken as done!
Add garnishing and serve hot with Steamed basmati rice, tandoori roti or butter naan.
How To Go About The Butter Chicken Recipe
For The Marination
Mix curd, mint leaves and Multipurpose Healthy Green Paste
Add chicken pieces and marinate for 6 hours.
I personally marinate it overnight which gives me a tender chicken the next day.
– You can add whipped cream to the gravy before serving…but that will only add to your calories. So instead I’ve added quite a few cashews to the gravy, which adds some major creaminess to the sauce making it thick, and doesn’t add inches to my waistline! I too can eat it without feeling guilty.
– I personally recommend bone-in chicken because keeping in mind all the adulterated items that are hitting the market like…plastic cabbage, plastic rice, synthetic milk. We now also have plastic chicken! A bone-in chicken will at least ensure that you eat authentic chicken. Also, you can gather some bones for your dogs! Besides, boneless chicken may become dry and rubbery. If you do insist on using boneless chicken, make sure you use ‘chicken thighs’ ONLY! They will remain juicy and flavorful!
– Try not to skip the Kasuri Methi because in my opinion, that is what sort of gives the chicken that restaurant style taste and adds a bit of smokiness to it which I simply love! A little goes a long way! If you absolutely don’t have access to it, you can substitute it with actually smoking yours.
– This chicken will be orange-ish in colour which is the real colour of Butter Chicken. Beware! Anybody who is passing off red gravy as butter chicken to you is just adding artificial colouring to it, stuff that you should stay away from.
Recipe Name: How To Cook Butter Chicken | Butter Chicken Recipe
Author: Ranjeeta Nath Ghai
Description: A step by step guide on How To Cook Butter Chicken | Butter Chicken RecipeA perfect dinner party is incomplete without the recipe Chicken Makhani/Murg Makhani/Butter Chicken. This North-Indian style chicken recipe is made throughout the country with equal zest.
Preperation time: 10
Cook Time: 20
Total Time: 30
Type: Main Course
Recipe Yield: 4-6