Affiliate Disclosure: Every purchase made through our affiliate links earns us a pro-rated commission without any additional cost to you. Here are more details about our affiliate disclosure.
Mouthwatering Mughlai Chicken Dum Biryani
Chicken Dum Biryani is yet another culinary treasure from the Royal Mughal kitchens. This smooth chicken Biryani recipe reminisces the rich culinary historical past of India.
But, it is commonplace myth that conventional dishes are difficult to prepare as they need a whole lot of effort and time.
Well, as we cited these are all myths, these recipes are organized in a far simpler and healthier way as compared to the brand new modern dishes.
This easy chicken Dum Biryani is one of the delicious chicken recipes, which is prepared by cooking chicken with steam (the literal meaning of dum pukth).
Overloaded with ghee, this Indian recipe is known for its aroma and is cooked the usage of an earthen or a copper pot.
Free Meal Planner And Recipe Organizer
Free Meal Planner Developed by Our Experts Which Will Help You Track Your Calories And Plan Your Meals
It may a take a bit more time to prepare this delicacy, however, accept it as truth when I say; it is all really worth the attempt!
Prepared using the slow cooking approach, this biryani is cooked with marinated chicken, spices, herbs and rice sealed in an earthen pot, which requires much less oil and cooks the meals with steam.
This conventional chicken Dum Biryani is without a doubt a more healthy way of cooking biryani and tastes awesome when served with Raita or curd.
So, try this delicacy at home and surprise the ones that you love with your cooking abilities.
Mughlai Chicken Dum Biryani
Course Dinner, Lunch
Cuisine Indian, Pakistani
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Calories 280 kcal
Author Ranjeeta Nath Ghai
Ingredients of Chicken Dum Biryani
- 1 kilogram chopped chicken
- 50 gm sliced onion
- 2 tsp FoodAllTime Garam Masala
- 10 gm bay leaf
- 2 cups washed and soaked basmati rice
- 2 tsp gm ghee
- 10 gm Cinnamon stick
- food colouring
For Marination of Chicken Dum Biryani
- 25 gm ginger paste
- ½ teaspoon powdered turmeric
- Multipurpose Healthy Green Paste
- 250 gm yoghurt curd
- 2 tsp FoodAllTime Multipurpose Healthy Green Paste
- 1 teaspoon powdered red chilli
- 100 gm Wheat flour
For Garnishing of Chicken Dum Biryani
- 50 gm Mint Leaves
- 1 medium thinly sliced onion sautéed
- 6 strand soaked saffron
For The Main Dish
- 250 gm beaten yoghurt curd
- 2 tbsp FoodAllTime Multipurpose Healthy Green Paste
- 7 gm mace powder
- FoodAllTime Garam Masala
For The Rice:
- Wash basmati rice and soak
- In a cooking pot add 2 cups of water.
- Add salt into it.
- Add whole spices that are cinnamon cardamoms, caraway seeds, cloves and black peppercorns.
- Mix it well and cook the rice till done. Since water is less they’ll be only partially cooked.
For The Chicken Dum Biryani
- To prepare this Mughlai recipe, take large bowl mix yoghurt (curd) with red chilli powder and FoodAllTime Multipurpose Healthy Green Paste. Mix all the ingredients well and add chopped chicken into the mixture and let the chicken marinade for about an hour. (if you plan in advance then marinate overnight).
- Heat oil/ghee and add bay leaves in a copper vessel. Add onions and add FoodAllTime Garam Masala and sauté it till golden. Remove half the onions and set aside for garnishing.
- Add the marinated chicken and cook the chicken, put on low-medium flame and heat ghee in it and add all the whole spices. Sauté the chicken well.
- Now add FoodAllTime Multipurpose Healthy Green Paste into the chicken and sauté them again for a minute.
- Then add the beaten curd and sauté the chicken till the oil separates. When the oil is separated, FoodAllTime Garam Masala powder into it and sauté the chicken for a minute.
- And then add the rice. Spread the rice evenly, add the remaining 2cups water spread the garnishing onions, mint leaves and cilantro/coriander leaves. Add saffron ‘n milk.
- Make a dough of the whole wheat flour and line the lid with it. Put the lid on the copper vessel and seal it with the dough and put the vessel on an iron griddle and cook for 20 minutes. Serve it hot.
Exclusively For Pet Parents
While you are enjoying your chicken meal the why should your pooch drool and not get anything!
It’s unfair… right! so for that we bring to you best options to keep them healthy and save you the effort of cooking meals for them daily.
You can try Pedigree Adult Dry Dog Food, Meat & Vegetables, 20kg Pack, and Pedigree Adult Dry Dog Food, Chicken & Vegetables, 20kg Pack depending on the taste preference of your dog. Buying the 20 kg packs is more economical than going for 1kg, 5kg, or 10kg.
It gives you pooches the nutrition they need i.e. 2x Calcium, 2.5x Iron & 9x Vitamin B12 more than what is required by humans. Trust me, it’s an ideal treat for your dog.
User Review( votes)