Affiliate Disclosure: Every purchase made through our affiliate links earns us a pro-rated commission without any additional cost to you. We may earn an affiliate commission if you order any product. Here are more details about our affiliate disclosure.
Khatta Meetha Nimbu Ka Achar; No-Oil Lime Pickle – A Tangy And Sweet Lemon Pickle
Indian food without pickles is kind of incomplete. fenugreek seeds are the added flavors to any Indian meal.
They are usually made from raw vegetables, fruits or even mangoes. Pickling is an age-old technique that helps in preserving food for a longer time.
The salty and tangy pickles like punjabi nimbu ka achar recipe enhance the flavour of the dishes, giving them an extra kick. Pickles also promote digestion as they are rich in dietary fiber and other nutrients.
The use of spices like red chilli powder and fenugreek seeds also makes the pickles even more flavourful. Pickles come in many varieties – from spicy to sweet, sour to tangy, and mild to hot.
Most Indian households have their own recipes for making pickles. These recipes are passed down from generation to generation, making it a family affair.
While homemade pickles tend to be healthier, there are many ready-made pickles available in the market as well.
No matter which kind of pickle you prefer, it is sure to add zing and flavor to any meal! Amongst the array of pickles avaialbe this one is a stand out.
Whole lemons pickles in sugar syrup, red chilli powder and carom seed is full of flavour and keeps good for months together. Simple dal – chawal and this pickle make a delicious meal.
How To Make Khatta Meetha Nimbu Ka Achar
This nimbu ka achar without oil is a sour and sweet lemon pickle
Prep Time: 3-5 minutes
Cook time: 1 Month
Total Time: 1Mo5M
Course: Pickles, Jams and Chutneys
Ingredients for Nimbu Ka Achar Recipe
- Lemons 1 kilogram (नींबु)
- Salt 5 tablespoons (नमक)
- Black salt (kala namak) 5 tablespoons काला नमक
- Red chilli powder 3 tablespoons लाल मिर्च
- Garam masala powder 3 tablespoons गरम मसाला
- Carom seeds (ajwain) 5 tablespoons अज्वाइन
- Sugar 2 cups चीनी
- Wash and wipe dry lemons thoroughly.
- Make deep slits crosswise without cutting the lemons.
- Place the lemons in a bowl, add salt and black salt (both in equal quantity), red chilli powder, garam masala powder (it should not contain coriander seeds), ajwain and mix well so that all the lemons are evenly coated with the masala.
- Add sugar (half the weight of lemons) and mix well.
- Transfer the pickles into a porcelain container, cover it with a muslin cloth, secure with a string and keep it in sunlight for twenty five to thirty days to allow it to mature before using.
Calories: 2485 Kcal
Carbohydrates: 596 gm
Protein: 12 gm
Fat: 9.5 gm
You Might Want To Try Some More Achar Recipes
- Best Gobi Gajar Shalgam Achar Recipe
- Mixed Vegetable Indian Pickle | Indian Mixed Vegetable Pickle For Winter
- Mango Pickle Recipe, How to Make Mango Pickle | Aam Ka Achar Recipe
- How To Make Fresh Mango Pickle Recipe: Gujarati Style
- Best Organic Haldi Ginger Amba Haldi Mirch Ka Achar । Turmeric Ginger Mango Ginger Chilli Pickle
- Best Stuffed Red Chilli Pickle | Lal Mirch Ka Achar | Lal Mirch Ka Bharwa Achar
- How To Make PICKLE MASALA • ACHAR MASALA • ATHANA NO MASALO
- Best Chicken Pickle Andhra Style | Chicken Avakaya
- Best Andhra Tomato Pickle Recipe |Tomato Pickle Recipe | Tomato Pachadi Recipe | Tomato Achar Recipe
- Best Spicy Green Chilli Pickle Easy Recipe | Hari Mirchi Ka Achar
- Instant Gujarati GolKeri Achar Recipe
- Kathal Ka Achar | Raw Jackfruit Pickle Recipe Indian
- 10 Best Achar and Pickle Recipes of India
- Achari Chicken Pickle Recipe | Karachi Style Chicken Pickle Recipe
- How To Make Easy Tasty Green Chilli Achaar – 2 Variations
Recipe Name: Khatta Meetha Nimbu Ka Achar
Author: Ranjeeta Nath Ghai
Description: Khatta Meetha Nimbu Ka Achar; No-Oil Lime Pickle – A Tangy And Sweet Lemon Pickle goes well with imple dal – chawal and this pickle makes a delicious meal.
Preperation time: 3-5M
Cook Time: 1Mo
Total Time: 1Mo5M
Type: appetizer, Pickle
Recipe Yield: 4 servings
Recipe Ingredients: Lemons 1 kilogram (नींबु), Salt 5 tablespoons (नमक), Black salt (kala namak) 5 tablespoons काला नमक, Red chilli powder 3 tablespoons लाल मिर्च, Garam masala powder 3 tablespoons गरम मसाला, Carom seeds (ajwain) 5 tablespoons अज्वाइन, Sugar 2 cups चीनी
Recipe Instructions: Wash and wipe dry lemons thoroughly. Make deep slits crosswise without cutting the lemons. Place the lemons in a bowl, add salt and black salt (both in equal quantity), red chilli powder, garam masala powder (it should not contain coriander seeds), ajwain and mix well so that all the lemons are evenly coated with the masala. Add sugar (half the weight of lemons) and mix well. Transfer the pickles into a porcelain container, cover it with a muslin cloth, secure with a string and keep it in sunlight for twenty five to thirty days to allow it to mature before using.
Recipe Cuisine: Pickles, Jams and Chutneys
Video thumbnail URL:
Ease of Cooking
Availability of Ingredients
User Review( votes)