Affiliate Disclosure: Every purchase made through our affiliate links earns us a pro-rated commission without any additional cost to you. We may earn an affiliate commission if you order any product. Here are more details about our affiliate disclosure.
How To Make Best Spicy Teekha Nimbu Achar
Over 5,000 years ago, various groups and cultures interacted with India, resulting in various flavours and regional cuisines.
There are a number of regional cuisines in Indian cuisine. These include North Indian, South Indian, East Indian and West Indian cuisines.
North India cuisine is heavily influenced by Mughalai cooking methods and ingredients. This Punjabi nimbu ka achar recipe will have you drooling over it.
Despite differences in soil type, climate, culture, ethnic groups, and occupations, these cuisines are characterized by their use of locally available spices, herbs, vegetables, and fruits.
The food of India is also influenced by religious and cultural traditions. Potato, chillies, and breadfruit were introduced to the country by foreign invasions, trade relations, and colonialism.
Pickles play a big role in Indian cuisine and are used to add flavor and texture to dishes. No food is complete without chutney and pickles. Hot and spicy achaar adds flavor like nothing else.
If you like a lemon pickle with jaggery you can see our other recipe too where you can replace sugar with jaggery.
How To Make Spicy Teekha Nimbu Achar
This Teekha Nimbu Achar tastes best with piping hot laccha paranthas and butter with a smidgen of this spicy achaar.
Prep Time: 1-2 days
Cook time: 11-15 minutes
Course: Pickles, Jams and Chutneys
Author: Ranjeeta Nath Ghai
Ingredients for Teekha Nimbu Achar Recipe
- 6 large Lemons
- 1/4 cup Red chilli powder
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons Red chilli powder
- 2-inch piece Ginger, crushed
- 2 Star anise roasted
- 1 tablespoon Mustard seeds roasted
- 1 teaspoon Fenugreek seeds (methi dana) roasted
- 8 Green chillies chopped
- Put lemons in a large glass bowl and sprinkle salt all over it. Let it sit for one day under a cover. The next day, toss the lemons in the same juice.
- Put all salted lemons in a small saucepan and squeeze out the juice.
- Add sugar, lemon juice, 3 tbsp water, ginger, red chilli powder, and star anise.
- Cook on low heat, stirring continuously until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Pour the sugar-chillies mix over the lemons. Ensure that it covers the lemons completely.
- Press down on the lemons so that the lemons are soaked completely. Close jar and set aside for fifteen to twenty days.
- The pickle is now ready to be served.
Calories: 150 Kcal
Carbohydrates: 33.75 gm
You Might Want To Try Some More Achar Recipes
- Best Gobi Gajar Shalgam Achar Recipe
- Mixed Vegetable Indian Pickle | Indian Mixed Vegetable Pickle For Winter
- Mango Pickle Recipe, How to Make Mango Pickle | Aam Ka Achar Recipe
- How To Make Fresh Mango Pickle Recipe: Gujarati Style
- Best Organic Haldi Ginger Amba Haldi Mirch Ka Achar । Turmeric Ginger Mango Ginger Chilli Pickle
- Best Stuffed Red Chilli Pickle | Lal Mirch Ka Achar | Lal Mirch Ka Bharwa Achar
- How To Make PICKLE MASALA • ACHAR MASALA • ATHANA NO MASALO
- Best Chicken Pickle Andhra Style | Chicken Avakaya
- Best Andhra Tomato Pickle Recipe |Tomato Pickle Recipe | Tomato Pachadi Recipe | Tomato Achar Recipe
- Best Spicy Green Chilli Pickle Easy Recipe | Hari Mirchi Ka Achar
- Instant Gujarati GolKeri Achar Recipe
- Kathal Ka Achar | Raw Jackfruit Pickle Recipe Indian
- 10 Best Achar and Pickle Recipes of India
- Achari Chicken Pickle Recipe | Karachi Style Chicken Pickle Recipe
- How To Make Easy Tasty Green Chilli Achaar – 2 Variations
- Khatta Meetha Nimbu Ka Achar; No-Oil Lime Pickle – A tangy and sweet lemon pickle
Recipe Name: How To Make Best Spicy Teekha Nimbu Achar
Author: Ranjeeta Nath Ghai
Description: This Teekha Nimbu Achar tastes best with piping hot laccha paranthas and butter with a smidgen of this spicy achaar.
Preperation time: 1day
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1D15M
Recipe Yield: 4 servings
Recipe Ingredients: 6 large Lemons , 1/4 cup Red chilli powder , 1/2 cup Sugar , 2-3 tablespoons Red chilli powder , 2-inch piece Ginger, crushed , 2 Star anise roasted , 1 tablespoon Mustard seeds roasted , 1 teaspoon Fenugreek seeds (methi dana) roasted , 8 Green chillies chopped
Recipe Instructions: Put lemons in a large glass bowl and sprinkle salt all over it. Let it sit for one day under a cover. The next day, toss the lemons in the same juice. Put all salted lemons in a small saucepan and squeeze out the juice. Add sugar, lemon juice, 3 tbsp water, ginger, red chilli powder, and star anise. Cook on low heat, stirring continuously until the sugar dissolves completely. Pour the sugar-chillies mix over the lemons. Ensure that it covers the lemons completely. Press down on the lemons so that the lemons are soaked completely. Close jar and set aside for fifteen to twenty days. The pickle is now ready to be served.
Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Video thumbnail URL:
Ease of Cooking
Availability of Ingredients