Affiliate Disclosure: Every purchase made through our affiliate links earns us a pro-rated commission without any additional cost to you. We may earn an affiliate commission if you order any product. Here are more details about our affiliate disclosure.
Here is an Indian traditional drink recipe which is full of nutritious ingredients, is easy to make and great if you want to lose weight.
This Kashmiri tea called Kahwa has the goodness of many spices and nuts. It has saffron (if you can afford it), cinnamon, cardamom and almonds and the list can go on which I shall explain soon.
It tastes great in the winter season but due to what it has, it is becoming a favourite of many when it comes to weight loss.
In adverse weather conditions, Kashmiri Kahwa is a well-known remedy that can boost immunity as well as keep the body warm and healthy. You can have sweet kahwa or salty Kahwa as per your taste.
The health benefits of Kahwa tea are numerous. The healing properties of Kashmiri Kahwa tea have long been known.
As good health and immunity from diseases are of utmost importance, we are turning to our ancestors’ advice rather than foreign superfoods to boost immunity today.
As we search for ancient wisdom for maintaining good health, we are turning back to our roots.
Since immunity building is the number one concern during this global Covid-19 pandemic, we have developed a Kashmiri Kahwa recipe that can work wonders for your health.
It also improves immunity when taken as a decoction. Here’s an easy recipe for you to try at home.
How To Make Healthy Kashmiri Kahwa Tea For Immunity And Weight Loss
Lose weight with this traditional Kashmiri Kahwa recipe, a nutritious drink, excellent for weight loss!
Total Time: 10 min
Preparation Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 5 min
Author: Ranjeeta Nath Ghai
Ingredients For 1 cup
- 4 Strands Of Saffron
- 1/2 Inch Stick Of Cinnamon
- 5-6 Dried Rose Petals
- 1 Green Cardamom
- 300 ml Water
- Finely Chopped Dried Fruits Of Your Choice (Take Just 2-3 Pieces Of Each Type)
- 1 Clove
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri green tea (or any other green tea)
- 2 teaspoons honey (optional)
- Rock salt as per your taste (optional) (I like mine salty)
Instructions (also see Recipe Notes)
- Boil the water in a pan with the cloves, rose petals, saffron and cinnamon and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Now, switch off the flames and add in the green tea leaves and let it steep for a minute.
- Strain into 1 huge mug of 300 ml capacity or split it into 2 small cups and then add in the nut slivers and a small sprinkle of leftover petals. You can also add in a strand of saffron for presentation (optional).
- Add honey if you like it sweetened, and serve. I add rock salt instead of honey as I like my Kahwa tea with a salty taste.
This rich drink can also be had in the summer. There is no rule to drink it.
You can make it sweet or salty by adding rock salt instead of sugar. I like my Kahwa tea salty.
People suffering from diabetes can enjoy salty tea. trust me ts just as tasty.
Have it before sleeping to have a good night’s sleep and burn calories as you sleep.
Chop some almonds, small saltless pistachios, and cashews, and if there is any other nut you would like to experiment with. Just keep in mind that they will be boiled, so they should not turn your tea sour, as pecans will definitely.
Get the green tea you take and some dried rose petals. If you can source some saffron, you are in for a super luxurious drink and if not, then it is okay.
Bring out the cardamoms, cinnamon, and 2 cloves but not more.
Boil them together and mix in some honey if you like it sweet, and enjoy.
Make sure you do not add tea leaves to Kahwa while it is still boiling. As a result, the nutrition in the tea is preserved and the taste is not compromised.
Once the tea has been infused for one minute, strain it out to prevent bitterness.
You May Like to Try Other Thirst Quenchers Recipes
- 10 Best Desi Drinks For Summer | Best Summer Thirst Quenchers
- Kacche Aam Ka Panna Recipe | Aam Panna Recipe | Kairi Panha Recipe | Mango Panna Drink
- Shikanji Recipe | How To Make Shikanji Recipe | Shikanjvi Recipe
- Chaanch/Mattha: The Indian Yogurt Drink
- Best Punjabi Sweet Lassi Recipe | Punjabi Lassi 4 Ways – Dry Fruit Lassi, Rose Lassi, Chocolate Lassi
- Best Thandai Recipe | Thandai Masala Paste Recipe | 3 Ways Thandai Mix Recipe
- Best Jal Jeera Recipe | Jal Jira Or Jaljeera Recipe | Jal Jeera Drink Recipe
- How To Make Green Tea Mint Lemonade Recipe
- Best Strawberry Lassi: Immune Boosting Drink
- Rose Cardamom Syrup And 7 Easy Ways To Use It
- Tropical Fruit Ginger Juice Summer Thirst Quencher
- Top 10 Classic Cocktails Recipes And Simple Syrup Recipe
- 10 Best Mocktail Recipes To Beat The Summer Heat
- How To Make Grenadine Syrup
- Healthy Kashmiri Kahwa Tea For Immunity And Weight Loss
Kashmiri Kahwa Tea ₹329 (₹9.14 / count)
Product Name: Girnar Desi Kahwa Green Tea
Product Description: Girnar Food & Beverages Pvt. Ltd. Detox Green Tea - Desi Kahwa (36 Tea Bags) 90 gm
Brand: Girnar Food & Beverages Pvt. Ltd.
Offer price: 329
Value for money
User Review( votes)
The ingredients listed have failed to add the green tea altogether, then the amount too.
I like in a country town in Queensland Australia and at our nearest major town there is an Indian Store where I purchase many ingredients. With the free 20 recipe book I found some ingredients I don’t have, hopefully my Indian Store will. But because of this pandemic, he has not been able to get a lot for some time.
I love Indian food as I am trying to move away from meat as much as I can, it is now too expensive for us as we are on a pension. Have tried some vegetarian foods and oh boy they taste terrible, they need crutches to have a flavour support. But Indian food tastes really stand alone amongst vegetarian recipes. Thank you for accepting my subscription.
Thank you so much for pointing out the flaw. My bad. I had added it in the instructions but forgot to cross-check in the ingredients list. Great to know you love Indian food. You will find great Indian recipes here.