Affiliate Disclosure: Every purchase made through our affiliate links earns us a pro-rated commission without any additional cost to you. We may earn an affiliate commission if you order any product. Here are more details about our affiliate disclosure.
Best Fluffy and Delicious Homemade Waffles
Start your morning off on a sweet note with this go-to waffle recipe. Here, you won’t need to go through any complicated steps or use unusual ingredients, so you can whip them up whenever you feel like it.
The batter can be kept in the fridge for up to a week. Before using it again, whisk it well. Whole wheat flour can also be used.
There are different shapes and sizes of waffles, including round waffles, square waffles, rectangular waffles, and even heart-shaped waffles.
However, what makes them all unique is the honeycomb surface that is obtained by cooking the batter in a special waffle iron (waffle maker).
With different waffle machines, the honeycomb pattern (or grid) can be large or small.
A Belgian waffle has a large grid pattern and deep indentations and is quite thick. Standard waffles are thinner with a smaller grid pattern and therefore have shallower indentations.
However, no matter which type you make, they will all have a bready taste and a crisp crust on the outside, but they will also be soft on the inside.
Waffles can be eaten at any time of the day. This dish is great for breakfast, brunch, or even as a light supper. It also makes an excellent dessert.
Butter drizzled with maple syrup or honey, jam, fruit sauces, chocolate sauce, and even whipped cream and fresh fruit are some of the toppings.
Recipe For Fluffy and Delicious Homemade Waffles
Making waffles at home is as easy as can be, forget buying frozen and try making these incredibly fluffy and delicious waffles that cook up in no time!
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Total: 20 mins
Author: Ranjeeta Nath Ghai
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1¾ cups milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- To make the batter, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. In a different bowl, combine egg and milk.
- Stir (or whisk) the flour mixture with the egg mixture and butter until incorporated.
- Pre-heat your waffle maker. After that, depending on your machine’s instructions, you may have to lightly grease (with a flavorless oil) or spray the grids with a nonstick vegetable spray.
- Pour or spoon about ¼ to ½ cup (60 – 120 ml) of batter onto one side of the heated waffle iron.
- The batter can be smoothed out with the back of a spoon or a small heatproof offset spatula.
- Bake your waffle machine for 3-5 minutes after closing the lid.
Which Waffle Machine To Buy
There are so many choices available for waffle machines (irons). There are various different brands available at varying price points, plus you can choose between a Belgian or standard waffle machine.
The most popular waffle machines are electric, but there are also stovetop models which are great for camping.
A waffle machine is made up of two metal grids hinged together. If possible, choose one with a non-stick surface to prevent the waffles from sticking and to make cleanup easy.
- Make sure that the waffle machine is preheated.
- If there is no “ready” light, sprinkle a few drops of water on the hot surface and the water should bounce and sizzle before it evaporates.
- Usually, it is a good idea to grease or spray the grids (depending on the manufacturer’s instructions) with a nonstick vegetable spray. Then pour enough batter (about ⅓ to ½ cup) (80 ml to 120 ml) into the center of the iron to cover the grids, smoothing it out.
- Use a heatproof spatula or the back of a spoon to spread out the batter.
- Cook the waffle (usually 3 to 5 minutes) until it becomes crisp and golden brown by closing the second metal grid over the batter.
- While the waffles are cooking, you will see a lot of steam coming out of the sides of your waffle maker while the waffles are cooking, and this is normal.
- Waffles are best served immediately after they are made.
- In this case, place the waffles (directly on the oven rack) at 200°F (95°C) for 30 minutes.
- You can also freeze waffles.
- After the waffles have cooled completely, wrap them in plastic wrap and place them in an airtight freezer bag.
- They will last approximately a month in the freezer.
- To reheat the waffles, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Bake the still frozen waffles directly on the oven rack for about 5-10 minutes, or just until they are warm.
- Waffles are delicious when they are served with butter and maple syrup, honey, jam, or fruit sauces (blueberry, strawberry, or raspberry).
- They are also delicious when served with fresh berries and whipped cream as a dessert.
You May Like to Try Other Exotic Dessert Recipes
- Easy Pineapple Upside-Down Cake 🍍
- Yummy Tutti Frutti Ice Cream Recipe
- Tipsy Pudding Recipe Easy Party-Dessert
- How To Bake Yummy Chocolate Lava Cakes At Home
- How To Bake Soft Fluffy English Muffins
- How To Make Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies With Swirls
- Easy Oreo Cookies Stuffed Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Peanut Butter Cookies-Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Recipe Name: Best Fluffy and Delicious Homemade Waffles
Author: Ranjeeta Nath Ghai
Description: Making waffles at home is as easy as can be, forget buying frozen and try making these incredibly fluffy and delicious waffles that cook up in no time!
Preperation time: 5M
Cook Time: 15M
Total Time: 20M
Type: dessert, sweet
Recipe Yield: 6 servings
Recipe Ingredients: 2 eggs, 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1¾ cups milk, ½ cup vegetable oil, 1 tbsp white sugar, 4 tsp baking powder, ¼ tsp salt, ½ tsp vanilla extract
Recipe Instructions: To make the batter, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. In a different bowl, combine egg and milk. Stir (or whisk) the flour mixture with the egg mixture and butter until incorporated. Pre-heat your waffle maker. After that, depending on your machine's instructions, you may have to lightly grease (with a flavorless oil) or spray the grids with a nonstick vegetable spray. Pour or spoon about ¼ to ½ cup (60 - 120 ml) of batter onto one side of the heated waffle iron. The batter can be smoothed out with the back of a spoon or a small heatproof offset spatula. Bake your waffle machine for 3-5 minutes after closing the lid.
Recipe Cuisine: Global
Video thumbnail URL:
Ease of Cooking
Availability of Ingredients
User Review( votes)